Looks like one of those creatures from Neil Marshalls 'The Descent.'

Of course it's a fake but a good one.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 19 September, 2009, 11:16:46 AM

It looks more like a moulting sloth than a fake, you can still see some remaining hair on it's belly.

ThryllSeekyr

Reminds of a book about the plight of these Spetacled Bears written by Stephen Fry ( walrus Faxce Melchett from BlackAdder)

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/stephen-fry/rescuing-spectacled-bear.htm

Apprently they had some malady that caused the hair from legs to fall out.

They had phtos and everything of this and on the back cover is picture of Stephen Fry dressed in his Safari gear hoddling woping great big knikfe.

Well, I 'm not pointing the finger at anybody, I gonna leave the rest to your imagination.

Bouwel

QuoteApprently they had some malady that caused the hair from legs to fall out.

I rather like bears and support several bear conservation groups. As a result I happen to have on hand this image of what a bear looks like with no fur:

The black bear in that image lost its fur to a mange or mite infection. Bears without fur look more like a giant mouse or, at a push, Tweak!

For those with an artistic 'bent' the picture also gives a good photo reference for the body shape under a bears fur. Bears that have been skinned and decapitated after hunting have been mistaken for oddly shaped humans before now.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

Quote from: Garageman on 19 September, 2009, 12:03:52 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 19 September, 2009, 11:16:46 AM

It looks more like a moulting sloth than a fake, you can still see some remaining hair on it's belly.

That was what I thought, it's got what look like the claws of a sloth too. Sure is an ugly spugger.

locustsofdeath!

There's also a photo of the creature decmposed floating around the web, and its skeleton definitely resembles that of a sloth.