Main Menu

Season's Greetings - I have a question?

Started by JoeD, 13 December, 2019, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeD

Season's Greetings one and all. Hope you are all happy, jolly and looking forward to the holidays :D

I have a question and I'd love to know the answer for sure. Does anyone know who designed the Biotronic Stickers?

Ta

J

https://www.facebook.com/jonnie.soacahtoa

Jim_Campbell

I don't know for sure, but they've always looked a lot like Dave Gibbons did 'em to my eye.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JoeD

Hi Jim,

Thanks. That was what I thought to start with however, I have heard from someone else that Dave said it wasn't him.

Any one it could possibly be, perhaps even an artists from another publication?

Richard

rogue69

I believe that it was Kevin O'Neil who designed them as he was the artist editor at the time.

james newell

Tjm86

That wonderful tome covers the likes of Starlord, Tornado, SSR, Metalzoic and American reprints.  Possibly the reason you're connecting O'Neill is that he was the artist behind the wonderful Star Trooper stickers that came with issue 1 of Starlord?

Trout

It's not been addressed by any Hibernian material I've seen. A good question, though!

deedeetee

Fungus

Most probably Kevin O'Neill. Thanks, 'Stick to Centre of Forehead' made be chuckle.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

99.99% sure it was Kev O'Neill and that it says that either in Steve MacManus' book or Thrillpower Overload.

maryanddavid

Jan Shepherd or Doug Church would be the most likely suspects, I'll see if I can find out.

Funt Solo

P28 of TPO has a bit where Kevin O'Neill talks about an angry mum writing in to complain about the biotronic stickers being difficult to wash off her son, but it doesn't say specifically that he drew them.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++