Main Menu

Prog 2222 - Reach For The S.T.A.R.S!

Started by Goosegash, 08 March, 2021, 01:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 12 March, 2021, 02:11:22 PM
Just a pity to ahve yet another Mills creation wrapped up hurriedly (not that I aam against wrapping them up, but both Nemesis and Slaine will ahve both gone out in as an abrupt manner as you coould imagine)

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

I think Slaine might have a more open-ended ambiguous type of ending. So, if Pat wants to continue at a later stage he can if he wants to. If a lot of folks really want Slaine to continue that is a different topic.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

It'll be open ended in the sense that it'll lead on to whatever Pat had next in mind for the strip before he pulled the plug.

It would be funny if they'd quickly had another artist draw an alternative final panel where Slaine gets his head ripped off by a dragon.

broodblik

Maybe that is why Manco is late he had to draw an "alternative" ending which is the one that gets published. Maybe in the collection we might see the "original" ending, something like  a director's cut or the last page was written by Alan Smithee
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Heh, folk are wishing for the end of Strontium Dogs!

"And lo, Slaine performed the mighty logic leap and in merging with the dragon boy he transformed into Firefall!"

norton canes

It'll end with Slaine kicking down a door, then appearing on the next page at the start of Proteus Vex doing the same thing from a different angle.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: norton canes on 12 March, 2021, 03:51:21 PM
It'll end with Slaine kicking down a door, then appearing on the next page at the start of Proteus Vex doing the same thing from a different angle.
OK, that was supposed to be a secret!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Anyone else finding this week's prog, er, "missing"? My local WHS still dont have copies today (Friday). I'm wondering if this is in any way linked to the apparently different printing I keep hearing about.

SBT

broodblik

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 12 March, 2021, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: norton canes on 12 March, 2021, 03:51:21 PM
OK, that was supposed to be a secret!

Oh no there goes my theory that he will be revealed as the vigilante in Megatropolis

ianlineham@yahoo.com

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 March, 2021, 08:14:51 AM
Quote from: Richard on 11 March, 2021, 01:00:14 AM
Is it me, or is the paper different?

It certainly seems to be all the talk of Facebook. I didn't notice - and now the Prog is in the nerdcave so can't check - bit defo seems to be a difference and if you take Facebook opinion as of any value, not for the good either.

If you take Facebook opinion as being of value it should probably still be in black and white on bog roll

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ianlineham@yahoo.com on 13 March, 2021, 09:20:33 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 March, 2021, 08:14:51 AM
Quote from: Richard on 11 March, 2021, 01:00:14 AM
Is it me, or is the paper different?

It certainly seems to be all the talk of Facebook. I didn't notice - and now the Prog is in the nerdcave so can't check - bit defo seems to be a difference and if you take Facebook opinion as of any value, not for the good either.

If you take Facebook opinion as being of value it should probably still be in black and white on bog roll

Or out of business cos they'd be paying creators 4 times as much, while making no money AND making sure everyone got their personal choices and favourites indulged perfectly.

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2222 :)

1st - 3riller - Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S - very enjoyable and McCarthy art
2nd - Proteus Vex - Action a plenty, Vex can handle himself in a scrap
3rd - Dredd  - Part 2 of Noam is back. Enjoy these stories and art. Don't mind them being part of a Dredd strip rather than a spin off. He's a fun way to look at the meg from a different angle

sintec

It's a shame to break up the Slaine run but the prog certainly doesn't suffer for it. Replacement Nakka sets up an intriguing murder mystery plot with some great art from McCarthy. Vex and Red both rattle along towards some action packed conclusions - it's going to be a shame to loose these 2 for me they've been the backbone of the recent run. Thistlebone is clearly going to be a slow burner and this week sees it building atmosphere and plotting, love Simon Davis's art on this. Oh and Dredd pops up briefly in The adventures of Chimpsky.

dweezil2

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 12 March, 2021, 05:26:08 PM
Anyone else finding this week's prog, er, "missing"? My local WHS still dont have copies today (Friday). I'm wondering if this is in any way linked to the apparently different printing I keep hearing about.

SBT

Hope you managed to grab a copy of the Prog.

It was in my local newsie near Ashford, no :thumbsup:t too far from your neck of the woods, on its usual day of Wednesday if that's of any help.  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Jacqusie

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 March, 2021, 02:26:06 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 12 March, 2021, 02:11:22 PM
Just a pity to ahve yet another Mills creation wrapped up hurriedly (not that I aam against wrapping them up, but both Nemesis and Slaine will ahve both gone out in as an abrupt manner as you coould imagine)

I was hoping that the Poochie ending might be applied to the Sinister Dexter - not Sinister malarky and they all go in a swipe or two of the artists eraser...

or just in the bin really...