Main Menu

Things I'd like to see during Origins

Started by Judgedex, 04 September, 2006, 12:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2005/01/31/voices_scousers_200x150.jpg">

Wils

Didn't you just answer your own question there, 54? ;)

M.I.K.

If this is a bad time, I could come back later...

Art

What? It needed saying. You lot are actually coming off badly compared to Scojo here.

Consider the implications of that.

Jim_Campbell

"little shit being me or Scott Nesel or whatever his name is?"

If you ain't him, then I am happy to offer an unreserved apology. Honestly ... I am genuinely sorry for aiming an undeserved broadside in your direction, and I hope that you will enjoy many happy hours posting here.

Oh, and Art ...? Weren't we supposed to be ignoring each other? I actually do have better things to do with my time than get into pathetic flamewars with the likes of you. You post your stuff, I'll post mine and we'll just leave it at that, eh?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Matt Timson

I couldn't give a toss about Mongo (so please don't lump me in with any 'lot' when I've not even made mention of his return), or the misguided efforts to try and do something nice for the nob.  I'm getting rather more tired of the way that you're wading into certain people of late, to be honest.

The only implication of that is that you're fast replacing Gary as the person most likely to get on my tits.
Pffft...

Judgedex

No, I'm not him.
To be honest I kind of expected this. I have lurked for many years here, since the site opened in fact, I just didn't post much. However i have seen the hi Scott type replies to newcomers before. I didn't expect my post to win any post of the year awards..yes it was a pretty average and limited  post. It was just some things that were going around in my head as I looked forward to origins and wanted to share, guess I should of kept quiet.
I got slammed before (under an old username) because I liked Sinister[backslash]Dexter and the hive mind didn't so I should of taken the hint from that and not posted again.
I love this site, its full of infomation on 2000ad and related publications but the message board is very anti to members who are not part of the clique. like i said it was not the best post in the world and maybe it didn't need to be posted but did it really need to deteriate into this?
BTW if Wake reads this, i'm sure he can confirm I am not Scott by my IP or something. I don't even live in the UK anymore so that should be fairly easy to determine.

Thanks to the few that gave some sort of a on topic reply.

john d (walking into the sunset)

M.I.K.

Sorry for not sticking to the topic John. I wouldn't know if you were Scott or not, I just wanted to point out that I wasn't, (not that me saying it is any proof), and saying it after The Amstor Computer's post about newcomers seemed like the most logical place.

Bico

Zone remix

Judgedex, your suggestions were great and made sense.

Origins could be in the middle pages with a few centre spreads. For example, the actual scenes of the Atomic Wars - the nuclear detonations -  would be ideal as a centre spread drawing (similar to what Carlos did with The Apocalypse War when the missiles hit the parallel Earth). And I agree 100 percent that the original Dredd logo would be appropriate as this is the definitive flashback Dredd story.

:)

opaque

Scenes of apoaclypse war have to be a full front and back cover spread with the logo and prog details missing for a subscribers special cover.

Jim_Campbell

"Thanks to the few that gave some sort of a on topic reply."

Listen ... I'm genuinely sorry that I laid into you because I thought you might have been The Cunt That Shall Not Be Named.

You're allowed to like Sin/Dex or any other thing you damn well please. Honestly ... any non-Nestel posters are genuinely welcome here.

I don't have the time or the energy to detail all the reasons why so many of us are so damn sensitive when it comes to Mongo, but please believe that you've not seen us at our best and accept at least my personal apology for that.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dog Deever

Er... Hello MIK, er... welcome to the board (!!!)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

M.I.K.

Thanks Dog Deever. :)

I probably should have picked a more appropriate thread to say hello in.

Leigh S

I think the Dredd logo (you know the one I'm talking about - all others are sucka logos) should be reinstated because it's clearly the best and most iconic - the Megazine building block one was pretty awful, but somehow, the new Eagle one rivals it in terms of underwhelmingness.

Forget Origins and nostalgia - The Janet Shepherd Dredd logo is just miles better than any of the many that have appeared since