Main Menu

Oh, you're one of those people...

Started by paulvonscott, 12 September, 2006, 10:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I've never actually viewed that thread...sorry.

On topic...CHUGGERS...really don't like em...when one followed me left, right, left, right and finally left again today as I walked towards him, and then put on a stupid grin and put both arms out to stop me passing...grrrrrr...

Leigh S

A man who wanted to switch my electricity praised my beard....

WoD

You have a beard...you didn't have one in Bristol 2 years ago...if you started growing it straight after that you could look like Gandalf...

Leigh S

The beard comes and goes in cycles... at the moment, I realise that I've morphed into John Peel, so the proto-beard must be removed.

I suspect it was at its most gandalfy at the time, hence the "I like your beard - Sign up with Powergen" comment

WoD

WoD

We also get a lot of health care people phoning from the company we're with trying to sell us their product...joined up industry!>?!>!>???

DavidXBrunt

Gandalf? Are you sure you're not thinking of Elrond?

Oh, heard that before have you?

Floyd-the-k

M.I.K.

I don't know either, but it's conjuring up horrific mental images of midget Keith Chegwins, in a similar scenario to that Aphex Twin "Come To Daddy" video.

,Mr. Nice

Chuggers=Charity muggers.
People employed to stop you in the street, but they don't want a donation, they want you to sign up to a direct debit plan (from which the actual charity won't see anything for a year or more).

Floyd-the-k

oh them! That's a good nick name. They shit me up the wall, them. I get annoyed that they play on my ethical nature (don't you care about black bears being tortured etc), whereas it's just a job to them, if they'd answered a different ad they'd be mugging me on behalf of the orange spotted parrot

Dudley

"They shit me up the wall" - is that a real phrase, or a Floydism?

Anyway, anyone trying to sell you anything, just say "don't bother, I have several CCJ's", and they walk away very fast.  

For telephone/mail annoyances, follow the link below to have them removed from your life forever.

Link: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ctps/number_type.html

Tex Hex

I got suckered in by one of these folks recently.

After a good fifteen minutes of painting me a picute of the spread of diarrhea, I agree'd that it was a worthy cause. Then she asked for my bank details.

"Im not giving you my bank details, maybe you could have an information pack sent to my flat or something?"

"No, we need your details."

"Sorry Im not giving my details to someone in the street."

"Why not?"

"Because it my choice, and I dont need to justify it."  

She didnt understand that any right-minded person would mind giving their details away willy nilly.

-hex

I, Cosh

The ones who invade your privacy by bothering you in the street really get on my tits. If somebody phones you up, it's very easy to shout "Fuck off!" or slam the phone down but they get pretty shirty if you do that to them in person. I try to look as aggravated as possible and glare at them menacingly as I walk towards them. Unfortunately, this doesn't usually work, so I end up telling them to "Fuck off" anyway, having got myself worked up for no reason.
We never really die.

Floyd-the-k

'That shits me up the wall' and 'that (or you) shit me' are actual Australian phrases, honest, not just Floyd or Kermodeisms.

coincidentally we had a motormouth at our door on behalf of Medecins Sans Frontiers tonight