Main Menu

Bottom's Back!

Started by Goaty, 23 August, 2012, 05:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

"Reykjavík. Comma. Iceland. Full Stop."

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Charlie boy

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 August, 2012, 02:02:29 AM
Quick question. When was this on first? I remember really hating it when I was twelve or thirteen but am intruiged to know if that's real or some sort of implanted abuse denial episode.

PS What's next? Filthy, Rich and Catflap: the movie.
It was '90 or '91, I think.

The Doctor Alt 8

It IS usually a bad idea to revive a programme after such a long period of time. Even with the original cast. How can they expect to perform so many slapstick routines? Are they going to find a pair of (unconvincing ) body doubles?

vzzbux

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 24 August, 2012, 04:37:57 PM
It IS usually a bad idea to revive a programme after such a long period of time. Even with the original cast. How can they expect to perform so many slapstick routines? Are they going to find a pair of (unconvincing ) body doubles?
Red Dwarf?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

QuickQuag

The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Charlie boy

Here's hoping the fairer sex now appreciate my telling them they have a 'smashing blouse'

NapalmKev

Bottom is one of my favorite comedy's of all time (also Blackadder/Red Dwarf/Fawlty towers).
It will be good to see them back on Telly; too much of today's comedy is bland. (in my humble opinion)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Charlie boy

Quote from: NapalmKev on 30 August, 2012, 12:08:38 PM
Bottom is one of my favorite comedy's of all time (also Blackadder/Red Dwarf/Fawlty towers).
It will be good to see them back on Telly; too much of today's comedy is bland. (in my humble opinion)
No Peep Show? It's hard to think of another British comedy that has lasted as long without experiencing a huge drop in quality.

radiator

I think Peep Show has been very up and down. For a while it got worse with every series, then improved quite dramatically with the most recent run.

Charlie boy

It's funny cos I remember watching series 5 or 6 maybe and thinking it was losing it at the time but then when I watched them again I was laughing throughout them. I'm just hoping the writers got all their rubbish out of them via Fresh Meat before they started working on the upcoming series.

NapalmKev

No Peep Show? It's hard to think of another British comedy that has lasted as long without experiencing a huge drop in quality.
[/quote]

I've watched quite a few episodes of peep show and some have been hysterically funny. There was one in particular about acid tabs and a broken toilet door. Absolutely hilarious!

NapalmKev

I've still not quite got the hang of the 'quote' function.  >:(

bluemeanie

Was a HUGE fan of Bottom when it was on. The movie was horrible though. Sat in the cinema kinda stunned how bad it was

Not convinced about them bringing it back but willing to give it a shot. Get the feeling its gonna be cameo-tastic tho as they get all their comedy mates to make appearances.

Think it'll work best if they go darker with it than previously. I mean Rik Mayalls character was also slightly creepy but now with a grubby old man angle to it...

JamesC

I used to love Bottom but I think its time has passed.
Ade Edmonson is now a friendly uncle who does some thing about cooking fish on Sundays.
Rik Mayall is a bloody good actor and I'd rather see him do something more along the lines of 'New Statesman'.

One of my favourite things ever was Rik Mayall reading 'George's Marvelous Medicine' on Jackanory.