Main Menu

Free Game Recommendations

Started by Definitely Not Mister Pops, 08 March, 2013, 04:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The internet is full of free games. Some are fun, others...not so much. There's quite a lot of them, so I thought it would be good to have a thread where you could recommend the good ones.

Here's some I have enjoyed:

The Stanley Parable
I mentioned this on the 'last game played..' thread. It's a Half-Life 2 Mod and I can not recommend it enough. You'll get the most out of it if you go in completely ignorant of what it's all about. You should probably try it a few times to get the most out of it. It focuses more on story than action. I believe if you're using a Mac, you'll need half-life installed, otherwise it should be fine.

Gravity Bone
Again, best to go into this completely blind. Absolutely charming little game, a very satisfying experience. You find similar games in the link above.

Evolands
This was made for a 24 hour challenge. It's a tribute to RPGs over the years, you start of in a limited black and white RPG, and instead of gather XP or items, you get upgrades to the game's interface/graphics. You get a strangely satisfying feeling when you read: CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE UNLOCKED 256 COLORS!

Four Second Frenzy
A very silly series of 4 second minigames. Hugely addictive. You'll keep telling yourself 'Sure, I'll try another, it's only 4 seconds' and before you know it, it's silly o'clock in the morning.

Crosswords
Not strictly an internet game. You can find these for free in most newspapers that have been left on public transport.

Also, as far as I know, most MMORPGS (that aren't WoW) are free to play now.

EDIT: I have no idea why the last few lines are underlined. That's the vagaries of technology for you, I suppose.
You may quote me on that.

strangelysaucy

Cheers for these! Downloading the Stanley Parable now :-)
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

A new one for the list: Perspective

A mind bending platform puzzler, made by students I believe.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I too endorse The Stanley Parable.
Lock up your spoons!

The Doctor Alt 8

Well my new Nokia phone has a number of free games that you can download. Including a certain Dredd verses Zombies... Which I am totally failing at.

Could one of the mods kindly merge this thread with this one : http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35884.0.html

Please and thank-you