Main Menu

The Dream Warriors

Started by richerthanyou, 04 March, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Ever since moving back to the UK from Ireland, I have periodically dreamed of the house I used to live in over there. In the dreams, it's always different from the reality, but it's always *that house*. So far so so-so.

Last night I was back there- I was in the process of moving into a new flat within the building (no. 4) and throwing away much old property. Amongst bags and bags of old meat (steaks, joints of beef, burgers etc) was a singular item: a cucumber. I picked it up, and noted it was "the old cucumber".

When I woke up, the old cucumber was the single dominant image from the dream, and from that I managed to piece together the rest.

So why am I dreaming of Wulf?

SBT

The Legendary Shark

When you awoke, was your hammer stern...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Guffaw!

I've just woken up after looking up and seeing gigantic figures in the sky descending to earth, including a woman with a star for a head , as well as Baphomet himself (the satanic goatman version, that is, not the prophet Muhammad which he probably really was).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Enigmatic Dr X

I dreamt last night that Russians were taking my family away Somewhere Bad on a train.

No idea what could have inspired that one.
Lock up your spoons!

The Legendary Shark

Last night...

Some time in the far future, seven colonies in a distant solar system (four on the moons of a gas giant and the rest on Earth-like planets) were under threat from a wandering black hole that was on course to plough through and knock the place about. Evacuation by starship was impossible due to the black hole and the numbers involved - so guess who they sent? Eight space wizards, of course (who else??), with me as their leader. Each wizard went to one of the colonies while I opened an interspatial magickal hyperspace portal which each wizard led their colony into.

A wild ride ensued, like taking a rollercoaster through a fireworks display during a hurricane made of incandescent Smarties. About half way to safety, something started following us - some roaring thing made of energy that was terrifying. But this turned out to be a good thing because, due to our speed and the numbers of colonists involved (tens of thousands), we'd become in danger of losing our way - but if we kept the screaming thing directly behind us we could use it as a marker to stay on course. At the end of the ride, the other seven wizards opened a door and led the colonists onto their new, safe world. Somebody, however, had to stay behind because a door so large could only be closed from this side.

I rushed to close the door before the screaming energy thing got there. It was close but I made it and then fled, going home by a different route. I had to go back to the now abandoned system we'd saved, traveling back in time, and slingshot around the black hole to come forward in time again and get home. Another wild ride, as anyone who's slingshotted around a black hole in interdimensional hyperspace will know, ensued. I lost the screaming energy thing at some point but it soon became apparent that I was absorbing so much energy myself that I was actuallybecoming the screaming energy thing, herding the seven wizards and the colonists (and my earlier self) towards safety.

I crashed out of hyperspace over the rescued colonists' new colony, which was roughly circular and divided into seven differently coloured slices like a pie chart, about a hundred years later. The wizards had suspected I'd return one day and so, in order to give me something to latch onto, they'd built an exact replica of my childhood village at the center of the new colony, so I headed for that.

At which point I found myself riding a motorcycle which was also a Ford Transit van and pulling up at a house on Smithy Corner to help somebody move house. Then I woke up.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Last night I learned that if one glues three people together and sticks them to a dog, one can use the resulting agglomeration as a radio for talking to God. However, God doesn't like having to get out of the bath to answer the 'phone.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Last night, John Wagner chased me from dream to dream, trying to give me a box of old Corgi toy Humvees and broken Tonka toys. I kept refusing because a) they were all knackered, b) I didn't want them and c) even if I did want them I'd have nowhere to put them. He was most insistent I take them, however, but not as insistent as his small black and grey terrier dog which kept shooting at me with a handgun every time I refused.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Bloody hell. Now that's a dream and a half.

I've started to really listen to my dreams lately and see what's there to use.   I keep running out of money and losing important stuff while travelling in dreams, which I have done in reality many times so it preys on my mind.  So, I need to work on ways to be better with money and to stop losing shit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Some of those "dream interpretation" sites can be quite amusing. For example, some time ago I dreamed that I saw a black dog killing a rabbit - which turned out not to be a rabbit but an eagle. As far as I could make out (and as far as I remember), the rabbit represented my happiness, the eagle represented my dignity and the black dog represented a false friend.

I've stopped looking them up - unless one feels really significant, which they rarely do.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2022, 10:36:40 AM

Some of those "dream interpretation" sites can be quite amusing. For example, some time ago I dreamed that I saw a black dog killing a rabbit - which turned out not to be a rabbit but an eagle. As far as I could make out (and as far as I remember), the rabbit represented my happiness, the eagle represented my dignity and the black dog represented a false friend.

I've stopped looking them up - unless one feels really significant, which they rarely do.

See, that kind of thing I just can't be doing with.   I just can't see how there can possibly be these obscure universal symbols in dreams, where a yellow gate means losing money for every single person who dreams it.   I made up the example but you know what I mean.

The Legendary Shark

I do know what you mean. Sometimes it just seems daft but blokes like Jung thought there was some kind of basic human imagery. I'm on the fence, to be honest.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I'm not too well up on Jung and his archetypal images, I have to admit, but it's more the pop-psychology / pseudo-mystical dream books that I don't like.  I read this morning that J-Lo filtered out auditions for dancers by sending home all Virgos after their day's auditioning, which is absolutely appalling in my opinion.

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2022, 10:36:40 AM

A false friend? The black dog thread is right flippin' there! (points)

Also, rabbits = ancient symbol of fertility and eagle = symbol of power and/or freedom.

So an alternative interpretation would be that depression was destroying your libido and strength and preventing you from getting what you wanted, but aye... universal symbols are not always universal.

I dont doubt that folk's subconsciouses can sometimes warp things into symbols personal to the individual, but any meaning or advice derived from an accurate interpretation would also only be something the individual is trying to tell themself and said advice might end up being terrible anyway, (unless you subscribe to Jung's ideas about the collective unconscious - but that's a whole other kettle of symbolic fish).

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 11 September, 2022, 04:11:53 PM

A false friend? The black dog thread is right flippin' there! (points)

Now that's a bit more accurate-sounding in my book.  Every time we look at this board we're reminded that the black dog is a symbol of depression.

On the other hand, Sharky may have just seen an aggressive black dog earlier that day.

The Legendary Shark

The black dog in question was actually a big, fat, soft, happy, lovable Labrador that used to live next door to me when I was a youngling. There wasn't a fearsome bone in his body.

Whether it meant anything or not, I don't know - but I certainly haven't noticed any false friends trying to kill my freedom or libido.

There's an NHS therapist living on site and he's just asked me to participate in "clay therapy" because he's just learning about it and wanted to practice on me. I've literally just got back from that before typing this. Basically, it's a wooden box about 20cm deep and maybe half a meter square filled with clay, and the idea is to shut one's eyes and just squish about with it. The result was, predictably, a bit of a mess and quite enjoyable. When it was over, he explained bits of it to me and one part of the explanation was that different areas of the clay box represented different parts of the human psyche. I was skeptical but several of the random things I made seemed to fit well with what each area represented - but it might just as well have been imposing meanings on meaningless shapes... although I was quite discombobulated to discern a vagina in the "female sexuality" field and a man standing in a hole in the "birth and death" field, whilst the "religion" field remained virtually untouched.

There may be something to it, but then maybe it's all just random nonsense presenting as meaningful with hindsight. As I say, I'm on the fence.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]