Main Menu

Prog 2257 - West End Ghouls

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 November, 2021, 07:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

And we're back. And what a way to get back to the regular Prog.

Dredd - new story from Mike Carroll and Simon Coleby and its a really interesting start. Love the narrators (Judge Vanzura I assume) critic of Dredd as the story builds nicely. Excellent opener.

Saw the winner of the Art Star comp and posted it here but DAMN does it look fine in the Prog itself. Superb image by Peter Yong.

The Diaboliks was brilliant this week as we shift scenes (and artist as Dom Reardon is back) and the tone moves with it. Its still dark, but this has more of a comedic edge and Jake's return is very welcome. Fantastic stuff.

Scarlet Traces continues to build nicely as we get some background and then the conflicit moves on in the final scene.

The Future Shock is decent, with some fantastic art by new comer (???) Rob Richardson.

So far so good and then we get to The Out which is bloody magnificent as Cyd goes to a gig, meets a star... and ... well that doesn't get close does it...I mean its what happens but it the genius with which it happens that makes this truly wonderful. You know those annoying superfans at gigs (well when its not me!) - turns out they're universal! Just wonderful comics.

So anyone not happy with the Regened, well hopefully this will be salve to their woes!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

MumboJimbo

It's all gone a bit Pete Wong.

[I'll get me coat...]

MumboJimbo

Pete Yong, I mean. Sorry, Peter if you're out there  :-[

Colin YNWA

Oh no it all went a it Pete... you can do the rest yourself!

paddykafka

Probably best to just let this thread Peter out, then.

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 November, 2021, 07:47:57 PM
The Diaboliks was brilliant this week as we shift scenes (and artist as Dom Reardon is back) and the tone moves with it. Its still dark, but this has more of a comedic edge and Jake's return is very welcome. Fantastic stuff.

Can you remind who Jake is?

Colin YNWA

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 November, 2021, 07:07:03 PM
Jake is the rockstar magic type.

He was introduced in prog 2197-2199 in the storyline A Crooked Beat

Magnetica

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

A good prog after the bairn edition.

Dredd – The story is written as Dredd is a guest in his own strip, well told with an interesting premises. Good to see Coleby on Dredd again.

Diaboliks – Well as we move the scenery from Rome to London, we also move artists. I am quite intrigued where Rennie is heading for the arc so bring it on.

Scarlet Traces – As always visuals are stunning and Edginton keeps on giving us more back-story. The action will now start to heap up as it looks like it is all or nothing.

Shocks – A good short to the point shocker with some nice art by a new art droid. Ooh and I see Colin has been thunderstrucked.   

The Out – Another top-notch episode with Harrisons visual extravaganza blowing your eye-sockets to a kaleidoscope of colors.

M.I.K.

Nobody going to mention the fact that the baby in Scarlet Traces has the same name as [spoiler]the main protagonist of one of Ian Edginton's other stories[/spoiler]?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: M.I.K. on 10 November, 2021, 05:01:34 AM
Nobody going to mention the fact that the baby in Scarlet Traces has the same name as [spoiler]the main protagonist of one of Ian Edginton's other stories[/spoiler]?

The great Crisis in the Infinite Edgverse gets nearer...