Main Menu

Prog 2262 – The Spirit of Xmas Future

Started by IndigoPrime, 14 December, 2021, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Re the bookazine. People seem to think it's webshop only- and I've not seen it on the shelves of shops as yet. Do we have any confirmation as to how to get it?

SBT

McNulty

This is why I love the 2000AD community. By and large they can agree and disagree with each other without it becoming toxic and when it ever dips into bad territory more often than not it can be resolved without anyone calling for anyone else to be cancelled or doubling down on the insults.

Merry Christmas fellow Squaxxs and Happy New Year.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: McNulty on 18 December, 2021, 09:35:04 PM
This is why I love the 2000AD community. By and large they can agree and disagree with each other without it becoming toxic and when it ever dips into bad territory more often than not it can be resolved without anyone calling for anyone else to be cancelled or doubling down on the insults.

BLOCKED. ;-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Michael Knight

Is anyone else still waiting for their copy? Got the Meg, but no 2000AD Christmas special. Hoping tomoz as I cant wait to read it. That cover is awesome!
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas with lots of regenerative thrill power after another crazy years journey around the sun. Stay safe folks!

Barrington Boots

Mine also hasn't arrived - I've just pinged the subs help email as in my experience if it's over a week late then I won't see it.
Hope you get yours soon Mr. Knight!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

M.I.K.

I got this issue but I'm still waiting on 2260. Sent Rebellion a message last week but haven't heard back yet.

Barrington Boots

They do seem a bit slow at the moment, I assume the pandemic has really not helped things.
My copy of 2250 never arrived and by the time subs help were back in touch I'd ended up buying myself one in WH Smiths instead. They're always super helpful though so no complaints. Eager to read this issue though.

Proudhuff

It's a mixed bag for me this Christmas.

Dredd totally totally loved it! Nice bit of subversion on the first page , Dredd through the ages and the three Dredds, and he takes his helmet off! LOL at the Double Whammy persiflage.

Dead world is dead to me

Kingmaker Just couldn't be arsed with more sub hobbit stuff

Dexter make it stop..

The Order skippty skip.

Tales from mega city great wee story tied up nicely.

The Out feels like style over content.

Proteus Vex enjoyable and a delight to the eye.

meantime the Megazine is hitting it out the park IMHO.
DDT did a job on me

Jacqusie

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 18 December, 2021, 02:53:17 PM
Also- moan moan moan- didn't like the cover at all.

It confused me, I was trying to figure out all the 2000AD characters on it... please tell me this years Christmas cover for the prog has 2000AD folk on it?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Art

I get a nice "Kevin O'Neil does a bunch of random robots and monsters" vibe from the cover.

(if this truly bothers folks I'm sure Pye and me can retroactively claim them all as spaceport background characters for Intestinauts.)

McNulty

I think 2000AD has a case for suing Sony and Marvel if the latest Spiderman movie is anything to go by...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

That is well worth a watch!

No Prog delivery here but my wife, either full of sympathy for my plight or maybe just sick of my dejected face in the morning, bought me one at the shops yesterday.

I must admit I thought Dredd would be rubbish but it's an excellent lighthearted little one-off. That homage panel is a lovely bit of work.
Deadworld One of those little snaphot Deadworld shorts that work so well. Looks great, genuinely horrible, and good to get back to Jess / Fairfax as I felt we'd wandered off that a bit.
Kingmaker I was surprised how variable the response was that this was returning this was as it's one of my favourite things in the Prog for ages. A little dissapointed to see the Lich King / Ablard plot resolved so quick but this is great reintroduction and resetting of the status quo. The art here is fantastic as ever and I have no clue where the story is going next.
Dexter - I still think Tazio Bettin is putting in some great art here but this feels like one of those character developments that makes the story worse.
The Order I've tended to think people who say The Order is confusing aren't paying enough attention, but in this episode they listed a bunch of dead characters and I couldn't remember who half of them were despite a recent reread which isn't a good sign. The tale is totally nuts and JMB in the Prog is always a treat: whilst I'm still a big fan of this story I do hope it's moving towards a conclusion.
Tales of Mega-City One A cool little story, very well done.
The Out A more contemplative episode after last week's cliffhanger, seeding further mysteries and half answering questions. The Out constantly surprises me and that's a good thing. I didn't realise this was continuing into the new year.
Proteus Vex Another one I'm pleased to see back. Massive exposition episode this week but keen to see where this goes next.

Overall a great Christmas prog - my only moan, like SBT below, is the inclusion of the text article: it's interesting but feels like something for the Meg and I don't really see why it was included here. Something like a Christmas quiz over the same number of pages would have been a far better use of the space.

Also I really like the cover.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 22 December, 2021, 12:09:17 PMDexter - I still think Tazio Bettin is putting in some great art here but this feels like one of those character developments that makes the story worse.
It's very much in Trope City territory. It also comes pretty much out of nowhere, like in a movie where [spoiler]the male and female leads suddenly fall in love/start kissing/start fucking because, well, surely that's the only thing men and women can do[/spoiler].