Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Zippy Couriers vs Mean Arena (reboot) Rd 1 Heat 76  (Read 321 times)

Barrington Boots

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Whilst i agree with most of the stuff said here about Zippy Couriers, having read it over Christmas, it's pretty bad. I remember it being quite a breezy, fun little strip and whilst it is cheerful and easy to read it's generally not funny or all that interesting. The stuff with the doughnuts is dreadful. I do think it suffered from the time it was published (I'm guessing the female lead and lack of violence contributed to it being unpopular) and I'm glad it's now getting better press but it really wasn't all that good.

It would be a good fit for Regened, and it'd run well as little one-off strips here and there, kind of like a Future Shock. I think it'd definitely do a job today.

Anyway... the Mean Arena reboot didn't do anything for me so Zippy Couriers for me this round.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
The Mean Arena reboot was really bad, despite the art.  Completely devoid of any character development, substance, nuance or even plot.  But you know what.... I LOVED IT!

No, I didn't.  Zippy Couriers wins this one for me.  A weird little experiment in vaguely sci-fi soap opera with none of the usual 2000ad elements - not an entirely successful experiment, but not terrible either.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
VOTING CLOSED

Well come on we might have had some surprises in the reboots that have got throught Harlem Heroes (2) would triumph. To then belowed by Friday in Rogue Trooper. It would however been a whole different level if the Mean Arena Reboot had made it. This one is utter rubbish AND completely forgettable - with apologise to Anthony Williams art which was decent. So while it might not be the most hail, and we wait for its reboot in Regened

Zippy Couriers

delievers itself into Round 2.

NapalmKev

• Posting Machine
  • No Beans Man! Cheers!
    • View Profile
I missed this one and not that my vote would have made a difference anyway...

Mean Arena (Reboot).

It was a solid series of brutal violence in the most entertaining fashion.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"