Main Menu

FFT - Tales from beyond Science vs Finder and Keeper Rd 1 Heat 78

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 January, 2022, 06:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're smashing into the New Year wrapping up Round 1 over the next couple of weeks and then hopefully all prep will be done and we'll go straight into Round 2 with any luck. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. And first let's look at the... interesting ... match-ups week 10 has to offer

Short-lived Rian Hughes showcase of one-offs or an early original strip form the Regenes. Suspect neither of these will muster much love?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Tales from Beyond Science - more info
re info[/url]

Vs.

Finder and Keeper - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 8th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

abelardsnazz

Although short-lived, I liked the Twilight Zone style of TFBS which suited Rian Hughes' art perfectly.

Tales from Beyond Science.

AlexF

Hah! Despite that intro I have a lot of fondness for both these stories. Not sure why Finder and Keeper hasn't been back in the Regened, I always enjoy it. And 'Beyond Science' was a real blast of fresh air from my early days as a 2000AD reader. Obviously because of Rian Hughes art, but somehow the format seemed to galvanise people who would otherwise write only medoicre Future Shocks. If you've even a passing interest, I highly recommend getting a copy of the (out of print) collection. There's some great bonus stuff in their from Hughes, mostly his intro and a bunch of covers for imaginary comics of yesteryear.

Doesn't help me work out which thrill ot vote for! I've spent more minutes of my life reading and enjoying 'Beyond Science' but I'd be more exicted to see a return of Finder and Keeper.

I wonder if what it needs a bit of a kick up the setting, taking it away from the real world feeling and adding in some other fantastical / sci-fi element beyond the ghosts..?

Link Prime

Only the most indoctrinated breed of Regened Brony - and the Forum has a few of you deviants creeping around - could stomach voting for 'Finder and Keeper' against any regular green-blooded Thrill, but against the actually-really-good-despite-Millar Tales from Beyond Science?

You trippin Bronie.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 January, 2022, 09:38:11 AM
Only the most indoctrinated breed of Regened Brony - and the Forum has a few of you deviants creeping around - could stomach voting for 'Finder and Keeper' against any regular green-blooded Thrill, but against the actually-really-good-despite-Millar Tales from Beyond Science?

Surely we should be 'brogened'?

Blue Cactus

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 January, 2022, 09:46:12 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 January, 2022, 09:41:44 AM
Surely we should be 'brogened'?

That Just-for-men is seeping into your brain stem, Taylor.

I'm strictly Wash and Go me .... not that its really needed these days!

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 January, 2022, 10:12:58 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 January, 2022, 09:53:16 AM
I'm strictly Wash and Go me .... not that its really needed these days!

Wash & Bro  ;)

Ha! You don't know how much i wish I'd thought of that one!

IndigoPrime

I seem to recall Long Distance Calls being particularly spooky. Surprising it was a Millar script. But, broadly, I did like that series, which of course was propelled further by the excellent art.

Finder and Keeper was fine, but an episode is not a series. And unless it really impacts on me (which this one didn't), I'll go for the series. So: Long Distance Calls.