Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Stalag 666 vs Angel Rd 1 Heat 79

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 January, 2022, 06:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're smashing into the New Year wrapping up Round 1 over the next couple of weeks and then hopefully all prep will be done and we'll go straight into Round 2 with any luck. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. And first let's look at the... interesting ... match-ups week 10 has to offer

I've been promising this one for a while now. This is for me the single weakest match-up in this entire round. That in itself makes it interesting to me... unlike either thrill!

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Stalag 666 - more info

Vs.

Angel - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 9th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

AlexF

These draws, man, they really are somethin'. Would never have predicted Stalag 666 to go beyond round 1 but the creature design alone is enough to let it soar high in the sky above por Harry Angel, the thrill that didn't thrill.

Stalag 666

rogue69

Magnetica

If I recall correctly Stalag 666 was the story where there was a massive continuity error between the end of one episode and the start of the next.

As for Angel, I'm not sure how many stories there have been in 2000AD, but it's vying with Death Planet for let's say positions 499 and 500 amongst my favourites.

So even with potential plot holes and inconsistencies, Stalag 666 wins easily for me.

Funt Solo

You'll believe a man can fly!

Now that's he's become Zombo Prime, I know we are all desperate to know what happens next, and only have a year or so to wait before we find out (according to the established three-year gap between appearances).

Now, we're not allowed to say anything negative about the other thrill, because of ... the incident ... so I'll just leave my reasoning with having a soft spot for the utter daftness of some of the early thrills.

Angel gets my vote.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Angel isn't good, but he turns up later in both Zombo and Armoured Gideon, both of which are very enjoyable thrills.

Stalag 666 was not an enjoyable thrill.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Blue Cactus

Might have to abstain here, I haven't had the pleasure of being thrilled by Angel and I don't think I can vote for Stalag 666!

Colin YNWA

Not to much excitment here - which just isn't surprising - but if you can muster the energy you still have time to vote today and I will count up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the cruelity of the draw is exposed here. A thrill as strong as Stone Island has been knocked out and

Stalag 666

makes it into Round 2. Who ever said life was fair!