NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Proudhuff

Hope.

YD was when the whole gang of four thing went tits up
DDT did a job on me

Barrington Boots

Very tough vote for me this one.

Hope is a bleak, horrible read but also a great bit of work and an inspired modern thrill.
Young Death is also a bleak, horrible read whilst at the same time being very funny. Taken straight it's one of the most horrific tales but it's got that 2000ad dark twist of cynical humour.

Of the two I'd rather re-read Young Death, but everyone makes a good point about this being the point where Death and co stopped being menacing or all that interesting and it took Deadworld to change that. I think on that basis I'm going to go with Hope.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sheridan

Boyhood of a Superfiend - it was the beginning of the long wallow in comedic waters, but of itself I still enjoy it.

Colin YNWA

This one is a right ol' tussle and I'm not sure which way its going from a scan through the votes and votes cast on this final day may well swing it. I'll count up tomorrow morning and let you know then.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 March, 2022, 06:29:32 AM
This one is a right ol' tussle and I'm not sure which way its going

let's see if this tips the scale - Hope

sintec

It's a tough one but Hope's grim and gritty noir wins out over the black comedy of Young Death. Hope is one of the strongest new thrills in the prog. Can't wait to see where they take it with the next series.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

A great fight this one. Young Death got to a strong start, but Hope never let it get too far ahead. The new thrill has more true horror in that than Death ever has and Young Death arguably suffered from being the start are Death being an entirely comedic character. Who knows, what we do know is the late rally from

Hope

means it will be a ghostly presense in Round 3.

broodblik

I am glad Hope won it might be a somber dark story but it is such an interesting world created by the creative team plus the best part is how the magic works. I also like the alternative take on history.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.