Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Did I deliver on my promises

Started by broodblik, 02 May, 2022, 06:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Wagner delivered a 10-part Dredd story called Citadel. It was hyped as event that will change the world of Dredd forever. You can also follow Tjm86's dedicated thread discussing in detail the epic. Now here we are, and this is what we want to know: was it as game changing as we were led to believe?
-   Yes, it will have a huge impact on the world
-   Yes, but I did not like the story
-   No, I cannot see that it will have a big impact
-   No and I did not like the story
-   Maybe, depends how it is handled afterwards
-   What, I did know Wagner did another Dredd strip!!!!!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Maybe, depends how it is handled afterwards

Magnetica

No, I cannot see that it will have a big impact.

The only slight caveat to that is that if East Meg 1 has produced one Dredd clone, they could have produced more. And indeed other Judges, and infiltrated Justice Dept.

The main problem I have with that is we have seen no evidence of it in more than 40 years, so if they are going to do something, then they are playing a very long game. So, what's next? Attack of the geriatric clones?

Aaron A Aardvark

No, I cannot see that it will have a big impact

I mean, it was over-hyped but that's Tharg's job.  Average Wagner, which is still pretty good, with great art. I liked it.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Maybe, depends how it is handled afterwards

SBT

Funt Solo

I feel sure that there'll be a story along soon (art by a Bradbury clone - Sov made) explaining how a Thrill-Sucker infestation temporarily discombobulated the Mighty One's otherwise infallible chief organ.

The Citadel was an interesting alternity experiment, but if anything it sits beside established continuity as a curio, rather than being anything foundational.

There simply isn't any more room in MC-1 for secret Justice Department cabals, unless they're nanoscopic and somehow folded into reality between already existing secret hallway dimensions. allway dimensions. llway dimensions. lway dimensions. way dimensions. ay dimensions. y dimensions. dimensions. imensions. mensions.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

You have until Monday to deliver on your promise
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Time will tell if Citadel will have a future impact or not but most felt:

Voting Closed:

No, I cannot see that it will have a big impact