Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Bogie Man vs. Harlem Heroes (Original) Round 3 Heat 11

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 May, 2022, 06:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well if Week 1 broke you into what Round 3 could be like Week 2 will show you its extremes with possibly the tie of the Round coming in (though there is one later that possibly tops even this). Eyes will be blinding, hair will be torn out before this week is over...

A tie more about what not to consider. So Harlem Heroes - which put Tales from the Doghouse in the... well doghouse - doesn't include Inferno. Bogie Man, even though we should only be thinking about the story that first appeared in the Meg - saw off Necrophim in a close fought tie. So yeah put all the rest aside when you make the call between

Bogie Man - more info

Vs

Harlem Heroes (Original) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 20th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Huey2

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Harlem Heroes has some moments, but like many of those early strips I find it a trudge to read. So: Bogie Man, even if its link to 2000 AD is, frankly, slight.

AlexF

It's not going to affect my vote, but I thought the Harlem Heroes DID include Inferno, as far as the Tourney is concerned? I don't recall Inferno getting their own separate slot?

Anyway, much as the central gag in Bogie Man is delightful, artwise it's not a patch on Gibbons at his most dynamic (and, if counted, Belardinelli at his usual swoopy heights). But mostly I'm voting for more Artie Gruber* in the Prog!

Harlem Heroes

*Prog 9 is the first all-time great Prog cover, discuss:

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Harlem Heroes. A series featuring an all black main cast, in the first issue of a weekly boys adventure comic of the seventies? We should have realised from the off that 2000AD was going to be something special. Oh, hang on, we did. And, of course, who of us wasn't terrified by Artie Gruber? 

SAT

Aaron A Aardvark

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++