Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 November, 2017, 04:23:53 PM
I'll have to confess my ignorance of Mr Davison's work but that's yet another beauty!

He's worth a quick Google, Cosh!  You'll see one of the main themes he works with straight off (and he's done a Dredd pic in that vein); a lot of warmth and humour in his work, as well as yer basic talent.

ming

There's been a veritable flurry of activity at Project Sketchbook lately...  Well, two new things in a short time, which is not what I'm used to!

This one just came in from Ian McQue.  If that name's not familiar, he's a legendary concept artist and fan of the Prog (and well worth checking out).  This pic wrapped up the first book I sent out (to Brendan McCarthy, at the end of 2011) and now this book is home at last.  The boys and I had a great time ogling the various contributions in the book last night - such a treat to see these in person after all the time spent bouncing between artists.  With Ed Bagwell and Brett Ewins in there it's bittersweet though - both much missed.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ming on 29 November, 2017, 01:59:54 PM
This one just came in from Ian McQue.

McQue is brilliant. Following him on twitter delivers more or less daily delight and his sketchbooks are well worth picking up.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: ming on 25 November, 2017, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 November, 2017, 04:23:53 PM
I'll have to confess my ignorance of Mr Davison's work but that's yet another beauty!

He's worth a quick Google, Cosh!  You'll see one of the main themes he works with straight off (and he's done a Dredd pic in that vein); a lot of warmth and humour in his work, as well as yer basic talent.

Didn't know the name, but I've seen his work for sale in a Manchester gallery at quite hefty prices, and now that you mention I do recall that Dredd pic.

Sadly I can't comment on the images you've posted in the last few pages because my drokkin' work systems don't like your image host, but from descriptions and reactions, I'm sure they're great  - must remember to check back at home!

Woolly

That is astonishingly good  :o
Got a feeling I'll be staring at this one for days...

ming

Post pending...  :)

Just need to sort a better image out (the one I have isn't great and the uploaded version seems to be blown up to giant size, despite me resizing it, which makes it look even worse).  It'll be worth the wait.

Colin YNWA

Might have seen a hint of this on Facebook. Very excited to see this in ongoing.

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 July, 2018, 05:15:00 PM
Might have seen a hint of this on Facebook. Very excited to see this in ongoing.

You and me both, Colin!  I've asked the current artist-with-the-book for a proper scan but in the meantime you can hopefully see it here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bke-clPHPMD/?taken-by=danlish1

TordelBack

GET THAT CAT AWAY FROM THE PRECIOUS!  Bloody hell, Ming, that's unbelievable, each and every page, wonder after wonder...  Jayzus. I think I need a lie down after that...

Tjm86

That Light and Darkness sketch by Kennedy is a thing of beauty.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 July, 2018, 07:17:28 PM
GET THAT CAT AWAY FROM THE PRECIOUS!  Bloody hell, Ming, that's unbelievable, each and every page, wonder after wonder...  Jayzus. I think I need a lie down after that...

It's great that Dan posts little videos when he gets a book - it's a reminder that these really do exist on the physical plane.  In the six and a half years since I started this loony scheme I've only briefly held three of the four books (at the 2000AD 40th bash).  I think one book is actually full now, though - I just have to prise it loose from the artist currently in possession...

Anyway, I'll post up a decent pic of Cam's contribution as soon as I get one.

ming

No good pic of Cam's contribution yet but this one recently came in from the lovely Dom Reardon:

Bolt-01

lovely brushwork on those trees!

I'd like to see Dom take on a short Sinister Dexter. Think he's vastly unerused.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 September, 2018, 11:15:16 AM
lovely brushwork on those trees!

I'd like to see Dom take on a short Sinister Dexter. Think he's vastly unerused.

I'd be more than happy to see that.

Always nice to see the books chugging along too.

ming

This one just in from the mighty Dan Lish; Great Uncle Baal about to transport his Warlock gourd to another dimension: