Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dredd (2012)  (Read 1473827 times)

IAMTHESYSTEM

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Dredd (2012)
« Reply #13215 on: 02 June, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »
“I’m not intending to do many more” 😢

Such news is, of course, disappointing but we've still got a few more episodes to look forward to and a treasure trove of Wagner's work to go Thrill Factor Overload over. John Wagner's done his service above and beyond the call of duty in my estimation.
“You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.”

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13216 on: 02 June, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
“I’m not intending to do many more” 😢

Such news is, of course, disappointing but we've still got a few more episodes to look forward to and a treasure trove of Wagner's work to go Thrill Factor Overload over. John Wagner's done his service above and beyond the call of duty in my estimation.

He's certainly earned his long walk and then some!  :thumbsup:

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: 27 March, 2021, 05:25:59 PM »
Well, I never thought I'd post here again but I found out yesterday that Dredd was on Netflix and had my fourth watch, after a healthy gap of a few years.  Nothing will compare with my experience of watching it in 3D in an Imax cinema, but the film is just as great as it always was.

Having listened to the new Penguin audiobooks, and having tried to Toby Longworth's Dredd out of my mind (though he was a million times better than whoever did Dredd in the old radio plays), I still think Karl Urban does Dredd's voice better than anyone else. 

And for all the flying blood and guts and horror, it's kind of a beautiful film.  It's an incredible feat, and one which I hadn't really appreciated before, that a grey, grimy and not particularly futuristic-looking setting, coupled with the haunting score, can be made to look aesthetically stunning.  Wouldn't want to live in Peach Trees, mind you.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”