Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Quote from: Minty on 25 January, 2011, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: Krombasher on 25 January, 2011, 04:16:31 PM
We've got some great old abandoned quarries around Buxton. I'll find you a map if you're interested, of the quarry locations.

Yep, I've been in touch with a few. It was a big no from them, especially anything owned by TARMAC, even ones that had been disused for years. If you know any ones owned by smaller companies let me know.

Cheers for the picture Rich, there are loads of places in Scotland, but we're trying to keep it central, if possible.

Steven

These 2 sites situated only yards from each other are in Harpur Hill. As far as I know they are open to public scrutiny.

Harpur Hill isn't miles out of Buxton either. Its at what we call the top end, but in reality is SE of the town centre on the edge of the Town housing altogether.

Check out the map( Follow link. Its all in there.) Its a dog walk on the edge of town.

Great dramatic lighting and, in a way its, lighting can be very much a blank canvas. Be warned, weather is temperamental.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/41197704

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39790194

Its a large area and looks like it may be connected to a working quarry( beyond the railway line-unused) but is in fact dead land. Anyway drag the map around and see what you think.

Please give me a heads up on your response.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

dracula1

Know of a few Quarries(rugged wastelands)here in Sheffield, some of which have public right of way. Look up Strines (Boots Folly) and Ughill on ur maps!!! If the location suits I can post some snaps of the surrounding area.

SmallBlueThing

Ive had the unusual experience, over the last week, of talking to one of the other dads in the playground when picking my kids up. He approached me due to my dredd badge at first, and we got talking. It soon became apparent though that while he's a dredd fan, he's predominantly a stallone movie dredd fan. By the time i realised this, id already pointed him towards minty.
Just to report that today he told me that the trailer looks 'brilliant', but he wants to know where the flying bikes are, because he likes them.
Mintymen: you heard, add some flying bikes!
SBT

Steven Sterlacchini

Hi Folks, just to let you know, I'm going to look into those suggestions, thanks for the info.

Public right of way doesn't always allow permission to film, but it does suggest that H&S won't be as big a deal. So I'll look into those, thanks Krombasher.

Sheffield would be a good spot for me and might allow us to fit in some pick-up shots we need to do of Dredd. I'll do some research on those names, thanks dracula1.

SBT....hmm...no.  ;)

FuzzChile99

Fantastic wip trailer and Gregg  makes a great Dreddy , just wish film could be a feature (maybe one day)

Misanthrope

I sent an e-mail to the UK film council asking for info on cheap or free filming locations and got this reply.

Your best point of contact is the regional screen agencies- there are 12 throughout the UK and they keep databases of locations in their region. However, deals on locations normally emerge from negotiations with the locations directly so it depends on what type of location you are looking for. The screen agencies should be able to advise.

www.ukfilmcouncil.org.uk/contactscreenagencies
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Steven Sterlacchini

Thanks for checking them out. Yep, anyone who registered with a screen agency or location company usually expect a 'bit' more cash.

Krombasher, Harpur Hill looks very interesting. Do you know anymore about the site that could point to who owns it or is responsible?

Mardroid

That looks fantastic!

And hasn't the barrel of the lawgiver grown wider? I mean, I like it like that, but I remember a scene where the bore looked tiny...

It's a scene where Minty himself seems to be aiming his gun at the camera, unlike that one featuring Dredd.

COMMANDO FORCES

The clue is in the title 'TEST FOOTAGE'  ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 March, 2011, 03:05:14 AM
The clue is in the title 'TEST FOOTAGE'  ;)

Okay I get that this isn't a scene from the film itself. Different model for the gun too then...?

COMMANDO FORCES

You are correct that scene is not in the film and Dredd is played by Greg Staples.
As for the weapon you will have to wait and see the film when it comes out!

Mardroid

Steven Sterlacchini

Steve Green is going to kill me!  :)

That was a VERY VERY early initial test shot, to check the look of the costume. Please don't circulate it.

Just goes to show how closely people are watching for progress, which is much appreciated.

I only posted it on my youtube channel so that the guy who modeled for us on the day could show his mates. It's not on the official Judge Minty channel.

Greg Staples is Dredd in the Minty film and looks amazing.