Main Menu

Dear Tharg, can we have a break from sports stories?

Started by DavidXBrunt, 28 February, 2008, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

At the risk of calling for more sports stories, please reprint Inferno, Tharg. And Blackhawk.

Grant Goggans

Ro-Busters, Invasion! and PJ Maybe all had EE outings before a nice book collection, so maybe there's still hope.  Maybe if it sells well...?

That said, in the US, the Extreme Edition is impossible to reorder.  I'd love to buy a couple of extra copies to get the sales up on the Robo-Hunter EE, but since the solicitations never actually match the contents of the EE (what happened to Chopper and Wolfie Smith?), advance ordering is not feasible.

Something Fishy

Are there any shops that sell Extreme?

I'd have quite liked to have picked up the Harlem Heroes one but never see it anywhere and don't really want to sub to (prefer to pick and choose the ones I like).

I, Cosh

I've been getting the Mean Arena ones as I've only ever read a couple of episodes before, but it's getting pretty wearing. I do prefer the EEs to be a complete story rather than a collection of odds and ends, but putting some of the comedy strips like Bonjo and whatnot together or the Walter/Maria stories as suggested would be okay in my book.
We never really die.

satchmo

The campaign for Bonjo reprints starts here!
sort it out Greenbonce!

satchmo

And as far as I can tell, there are only two shops that sell EE in the North East of England.
Forbidden Planet Newcastle, and the corner shop in a nearby village. It's a bloody nightmare to find. Sort that out too, Greenbonce!

Something Fishy

Yeha.. I don't know how it sells if you can't buy it anywhere?

unless subs alone sell enough to keep it afloat?

The Monarch

The campaign for Bonjo reprints starts here!

wasn't that done at the same time as invasion?

TordelBack

Over here in Oirland, EE's are a more common sight than Progs, and a lot more common than Megs.

maryanddavid

As Tordelback says, it is easy to get over here.
 Im in a small town, and I know its on sale in at least 3 newsagents. Can you not order it in off your local newsagents?

Id want to see Return to Armageddon,Inferno, an Mind Wars from Starlord would be nice too!

David

Peter Wolf

Do Rebellion keep back issues of EEs ?

If a print run of EES sells out does that mean a strip moves up the league tables into a TPB ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

wierd. In Cornwall you can get the Meg and Prog in a few towns but EE.. nowhere to be seen ever.  All the copies went to our Celtic cousins it seems.

Cthulouis

I don't know which bit of Cornwall you are in, but I have managed to get them in Penzance.

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IndigoPrime

"Do Rebellion keep back issues of EEs ?"

Yes.

"If a print run of EES sells out does that mean a strip moves up the league tables into a TPB ?"

No, but it means it's more likely to be up for consideration. By the same token, any EE that sells badly is unlikely to have content that will make its way to trade format.