Bring back the Sci-Fi Special please.

Started by Kev Levell, 24 February, 2009, 01:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

Imagine the Ebay feedback.

"A++++++. Would come again".

GordonR

Quote from: "Jamess"
Quote from: "Dog Deever"As long as there is a Slaine, there'll be a Thryllseeker!
and a Slaine book full of (someone elses) spunk!

:D It seems a strange assumption to immediately jump to, doesn't it?

The pages of this book are stuck together!  It must be (orange juice....soup....coke....beer....wine....water...ketchup....soy sauce.....any other kind of liquid or fluid)  no.....SPUNK!!!

JayzusB.Christ

There's tits and a mickey on the cover. Of course it's full of jizz
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trilobite2

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"4) The Dredd strips in the Dan Dare annuals should never see the light of day ever again, even in some completist wankathon appendix-volume to the Case Files. The one where he gets a surprise party thrown by Tharg and ends up arresting himself I had to re-check this morning, just to see if I'd dreamt it!

Steev

I didn't know there were Dan Dare annuals let alone with Dredd strips in although it does sound like it's not worth chasing up. I take it this has never and will never be reprinted?
Tril

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

It must have been the scratch and sniff edition.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bouwel

Well...that's put me off my tea and bacon sandwich!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteI proud to have that one, except that somebody split their seed over inside cover page.

It's not as bad as it sounds, excpet if I show this book to somebody else or even try to resell it. They might think it's my handiwork.

QuoteBoth pages next to he inside cover were stuck like somebody had to spilt their nut juice/cookies over it.
It seems a strange assumption to immediately jump to, doesn't it?'

Well, this was something I noticed when I first got the book awhile ago.

The page next to inside cover page at the front of the book which I had to pry apart with a ruler.The damage is mainly on the second page rihght at the top where the words Lexicon are..I only just noticed the same thing was done to the second last page at the back of the book yesterday. I guess I never bothered to try opening that page until then.The damage is slightly more noticable. Whatever it it was the sticky stuff seems to be applied in a uniforrm fashion on the edges of the page. So they might not be the body fluids I thought they were. Probably just Glag glue or some of what ever books are bound with. Perhaps the sellerpurposely did this while repairing the book. I think there it does look suspiciously like love butter been split in excitiment. But thats the only place in the book where it's happned . So might really be glue. LIke who would actualley get excited over a Lexicon. Even if it's written in French.

Quote"Wasn't me and I'm not sure who it was."

QuoteI wonder if this is what Simon Bilesy did
"I just like to say I prefer his painting with a brush and real paint than that other type of painting that men generally do up against the toilet wall in pubs."

I love his work, but that doesn't mean I want to buy his used toilet paper.

Well while I love his work, but thast as far as the love goes. Actuallely I shouldn't accuse him. He proabbly doesn't know. The seller probably does'nt know. Maybe the people in cutom or the mail sorting room know about this.

QuoteAs long as there is a Slaine, there'll be a Thryllseeker!

Actualley, I'm only being sustained on the reprints so far.

QuoteThere's tits and a mickey on the cover. Of course it's full of jizz

Only on the inside cover pages.

QuoteHe might have smelt it y'know.

QuoteIt must have been the scratch and sniff edition.

There's no odour, that might distiniguish betwent body fluids or  glue.

Now, I wonder if glue is made from body fluids. I do know it's some sort of animal product.

Overall, I not going to make big fusss over this. Not any bigger than I already have. I doen't want to see habit of this. It's bad thing for ghraphic novels and any chance of a future sale. Not that I was really planning that.

Devons Daddy

I'll BUY ANYTHING ME
bad habit, but i dont drink dont smoke,dont gamble so 2000ad gets a decent budget from me.
would consider it may be a stretch of resources for the nerve centre though.

but if they create it. I BUY IT.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

James Stacey

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"
QuoteThere's tits and a mickey on the cover. Of course it's full of jizz

Only on the inside cover pages.
I assume the front cover is wipe clean ... just guessing.

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteI assume the front cover is wipe clean ... just guessing.

There were no spash marks, on the cover or inbetween.

It's just that I had to pry both the front and the back inside cover pages away from their repsective covers because some sticky substance was holding them together.

The application is uniform enough  to the degree that I think the previuos owner used a glue stick on the outedge of the pages in question.

As if they were ashamed to have those pages seen.

Noting wrong with them and there are no splash marks or places that would have those telltale staines.

I should know. I just opened a bottle of Cola which sprayed everything including my keyboard, but thnaksfully missed the computer itself, televsion screen, the pile of comcis and graphic were saved also.

Incedntly the front cover is just fine and I would never clean it. That is where the artist signed his name.

Forencically, those body fluids would be the ultimate signature if there ever was one.

GordonR

Is it too late to do the "now that's what I call thrillpower overLOAD" joke on this thread?

Something about dumping your load over thrillpower works too...

Kev Levell

Grant Goggans

Ah, message board, don't ever change.

Actually, wait, this would be an occasion where change would be a good thing.

Richmond Clements

Mmmm... there's a 'Kiss My Axe' or 'He didn't think it too many' gag to be had too, I'm sure...

Or a warp spasm one.