Main Menu

Prog by App?

Started by Beeks, 10 May, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Seems to be the prog can only 'exist' within the app - unless it can be cracked.

Martin Jameson

Good enough for me - I'm pretty much an ipad addict now. Would be good if any classic stories were available for download.

The Adventurer

Played with the App on my iPod Touch, downloaded the sampler.

A couple things.

I'm really liking the design of the app, hold it vertical you see the whole page. Hold it sideways, have the page zoom-in landscape for easy scrolling. This is how all comic reading apps should work, but you'd be suprised at the ones that don't do that automatically.l

The sampler Prog is astonishing it its content, if it doesn't get a new reader's interest nothing will.

Only one complaint, and this could be major. Aquilla has a double page spread that gets broken up into two pages that you can never see side-by-side. I'm not sure if this is an unfortunate side-effect of how the app works, but its going to cause reading flow problems with all double page spreads. Needs a fix, or a work around.

In short, great app. If reading comics on my iTouch wasn't such a huge pain in the ass, I'd totally switch over. Certainly lighting a fire under me to get an iPad in the near future. Thrill Power whenever and where ever I want? What is not to love?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

More rambling thoughts, this app opens up a lot of new and innovative opertunities that I think Rebellion should play around with. For example, why not let people buy individual parts of a series, instead of necessarily buying an entire prog? Have subscription options to get Judge Dredd weekly for example. Breaking up the series like that could also let people who do buy the entire prog have organization options built in. For example if I wanted to reread Day of Chaos from the beginning I would just select the Judge Dredd series to read and every time I reach the end of the Judge Dredd installment I'm reading it would move on to the next seamlessly.

If Rebellion say, sold each individual strip for a dollar each, there would be incentive to buy the whole prog for $3. Same with subscription packages, people could get subs to three or four current strips, but after that its more cost effective just to get a sub to the entire prog itself.

Then even people who buy the whole Prog, could have sorting options to each sort strips by the prog they are collected in, or by series. For whichever reading style you want.

And don't even get me started on the possibility of Digital-First 2000 AD content potential. Sky's the limit there.

Rambling over.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Adventurer on 05 August, 2012, 07:56:31 PM
Only one complaint, and this could be major. Aquilla has a double page spread that gets broken up into two pages that you can never see side-by-side. I'm not sure if this is an unfortunate side-effect of how the app works, but its going to cause reading flow problems with all double page spreads. Needs a fix, or a work around.

That doesn't happen on the ipad version - better get your wallet out.

It's a nice and simple app that runs smoothly but it would be nice if future versions provide a way of organising progs into lots.