Main Menu

feral ?

Started by psykes, 08 November, 2003, 03:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psykes

does any one know where the likes of feral and the gronk went to ?

Woolly

Filed under b:1n, hopefully!

Devons Daddy

feral
a character from the dark years. gone and forgotten i hope.

The Gronk, needs to b returned to thargs mighty organ.in his true form.

the first gronk is worn with honour by WULF.gronks are skinned at the time of there death,those offered to skin the the poor gronk upon his demise are truly honoured.
the gronk from the SDs story line was an abomination of a character.  

the gronk was successfully used and had a wonderful role in the Big finish CD down to earth. they really captured the whole character of the gronk.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

It's been suggested by some that the Offspring, a mutant held captive for a millenia in the current Durham Red series, could be the ultimate evolution of Feral...

Generally Contrary

Y'know, I've been thinking the same thing too.  I didn't want to put an inadvertent and speculative spoiler on the board - but I guess if you don't know, if it's only a guess, then a spoiler it ain't.

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, I think Speculation isn't Spoiler. If you've read it, or been told about what's going to happen that's one thing. Guessing what might happen next seems fair play to me.

Natsan

After reading this week's prog I also began wondering if the Offspring was Feral.

Mind you I'm probably the only 2000AD reader who thinks Feral was a pretty cool character so I'd certainly be glad to see him reappear.I don't remember him having any sort of psychic powers though.

Natalie

Slippery PD

I thought he was an interesting idea poorly executed, which I suppose happens a lot in the Dark Period of 2000ad.

Its certianly possible.  Wasnt his father a Lyran Sorceror or something?

Yer Slips

Buddy

Gronk back please... oh my poor heartses..
SD got a bit shit in the 90's, no fault of the Wagner droid (wasn't Ennis writing it then?) man that was a dark time for 2000ad.

Nigel Dobbin was drawing gronk then, we need Gronk back in SD, with Carlos drawing him.

Nuff said..

Richmond Clements

"the gronk was successfully used and had a wonderful role in the Big finish CD down to earth. they really captured the whole character of the gronk."

I got this, evetually, a couple of weeks ago, and it's brilliant. The Gronk is perfect, along with the rest of the cast.

W. R. Logan

>Nigel Dobbin was drawing gronk then, we need Gronk back in SD, with Carlos drawing him.

Dont think John is a fan of the Gronk.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

paulvonscott

I think Alpha with a gronk and Durham Red would be fun.  Imagine poor scared gronkses with his long neck being stared at hungrily by Red, it would be genuinely scary!  Oh my poor heartses!  

No doubt the old Durham Red is barred (barring fantasy strips) because it might cause some character recognition issues amongst rebellion's customer base or some such stuff.

Then again if that meant we had Dabnett's Red in proper SD, then forget it.

petemaskreplica

IIRC, the Gronk is one of the elements of the old SD that Wagner has specifically decided to exclude from the revisionist version, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for his return.

I always thought Feral was a good character, it's just a shame he got buried in a strip that lost its way. I'd be intrigued to see if the Offspring has any connection with him.

McNulty

I always assumed that the Offspring was Feral after he came out of that cocoon. He must have been in their an awfuly long time...

Dudley

I wasn't reading at the time, what happened with all that "King's blood" stuff?