Actor Tim Woodward (son of Edward Woodward) aged 70

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Woodward

sheridan

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 November, 2023, 11:20:13 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 20 November, 2023, 09:38:47 AMJoss Ackland, 95, actor.

Best-remembered for his spunky backpack, of course.

I have to admit that was where I heard his name first.  Felt a bit bad at the time that they were making a fool of a nice guy like Rolf Harris, but... well, use your cheesebox.

11 posts to go before 10000.  (These reminders are for me, not you.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 November, 2023, 01:20:05 PM

I have to admit that was where I heard his name first.  Felt a bit bad at the time that they were making a fool of a nice guy like Rolf Harris, but... well, use your cheesebox.

Classic symptom of an under-stimulated Shatner's Bassoon. I'd recommend asking your pharmacist for some Triple Sod Yellow Bentines, washed down with half a glass of noncewater -  that should make you go really blutey. Just make sure you don't end up on a quackhandle.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jade Falcon

I remember him having a small but memorable part in The Hunt for Red October as the Soviet Ambassador who had to bullshit the US defence secretary played by Richard Jordan as to the reason why most of the Soviet surface fleet was in panic mode.

Then he played a Soviet marshal in a blink and you miss it moment in K-19 the Widowmaker.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 November, 2023, 04:38:30 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 November, 2023, 01:20:05 PM

Classic symptom of an under-stimulated Shatner's Bassoon. I'd recommend asking your pharmacist for some Triple Sod Yellow Bentines, washed down with half a glass of noncewater -  that should make you go really blutey. Just make sure you don't end up on a quackhandle.

I seem to remember Tharg himself borrowing 'mad as a lorry' from the Frankie Fraser interview.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Two indelible 80's Ackland performances for me:

1) The mad oul lad in the video for Pet Shop Boys classic 'Always on my Mind'.
2) "Top 10 shocking on-screen deaths" entrant in marvelous Tales of the Unexpected episode 'The Stinker'.

RIP, Sir.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 November, 2023, 10:14:47 AM2) "Top 10 shocking on-screen deaths" entrant in marvelous Tales of the Unexpected episode 'The Stinker'.

Which, in a totally inappropriate bit of scheduling, was on telly yesterday at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

sheridan

Jim_Campbell

Mars Williams, rock and jazz saxophonist possibly best known (to me, at least) for his long-time membership of The Psychedelic Furs (with whom I saw him play in 2019, at the very last gig I went to pre-Covid).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Terry Venables dies: Former England manager passes away aged 80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67536465
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

rogue69

Batman's Superior Cousin

Spanish dancer and illusionist, "Sticky Vicky", (aka Vicky Leyton / Victoria María Aragüés Gadea), has sadly died today, at the young age of 80.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/sticky-vicky-has-died-aged-80-414377
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night