Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 06 October, 2011, 01:20:51 AMThis is a real shock. I'm speechless.

Considering the photos published on TMZ when he retired, it was inevitable, poor bloke.

radiator

QuoteConsidering the photos published on TMZ when he retired, it was inevitable, poor bloke.

Yeah, seemed somewhat inevitable.

A sad day - Jobs had a huge role in the success of Pixar as well as Apple, don't forget.

Goaty

RIP Steve Jobs, he was co-founder of Apple and who brings iPod, iPhone, iPad to the world.

someone tweets this image in memory of him....

Something Fishy

Very sad news.  The industry has lost of one it's greatest and one of the few who really ensured computers and computing found their way into every home, office and even pocket. RIP Steve.

Tiplodocus

56 - That's no age at all. RIP.

Can't afford to be an iFan myself but I hope that Apple carries on successfully without him and his vision. There's a lot of people gainfully employed because of the things he brought to the table (and pocket and manbag).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bhuna

very very sad. RiP Steve Jobs
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Goaty

Charles Napier - 75

Professor Bear

That's a shame - I just saw him in an episode of Black Sheep Squadron, too.  He'd be familiar to anyone watching tv in the 70s and 80s, even had a few outings in low-budget actioners as a leading man and lent his voice to animation in the last few years as well.  He was a real fixture in sci-fi and fantasy and he'll be missed by nerds like me.

Tiplodocus

He was a great and reliable character from the A-Team to  Blues Brothers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Daveycandlish

Just been reading a Charles Napier obit - did you know he did the roar of the Hulk in the 70s TV show? I didn't.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

M.I.K.

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 07 October, 2011, 07:15:42 AM
Just been reading a Charles Napier obit - did you know he did the roar of the Hulk in the 70s TV show? I didn't.

Not all the time. You know who else did that? Lurch.

Daveycandlish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15225021

TV's Inspector Wexford (as this link calls him) George Baker. Personally, I prefer to remember him for his roles in the Bond films and as a Bond spoof character in Up Pompeii
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Devons Daddy

true legend, sad loss, which is one that seems to have united many of us, Steve Jobs, truly impacted our world as it is today.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.