Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

In what universe is a Stone Roses reformation in the year 2011 a good idea?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Fair enough SBT. I do see the point about people's relatives and Bin Laden.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I find the Internet's reaction to famous peoples' deaths a bit weird in general. Its like the essence of all internet posts has been boiled down to the purest of banal platitudes, with a precipitate of morbid trolling. How'd'ye like them chemistry metaphors?
You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 October, 2011, 04:04:40 PMThe cessation of life doesnt grant you immunity from criticism, or well-placed hatred.

Speak for yourself, SBT, some of us are catholic - you protestants don't know how good you have it being able to judge anyone you fancy while us taigs have to forgive.

Admittedly I think the priests encourage this thinking because of... you know, the rapes and that.

Heath C Ackley

QuoteIn what universe is a Stone Roses reformation in the year 2011 a good idea?

Er...rhis one?
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Grant Goggans

Surely RIP can mean Rest in Peace for the lives that we mourn, and Rest in Pieces for the lives that we don't, right?

radiator

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 October, 2011, 11:22:51 PM
In what universe is a Stone Roses reformation in the year 2011 a good idea?

It's all a bit depressing - they all need the money eventually, and the resulting comeback is always underwhelming. I'd be willing to bet serious cash on a Smiths reunion within the next year or two.

JOE SOAP

I doubt Morrissey needs the cash.

Emp

A Smiths reunion ...dear god as if it wasn't depressing enough already.

radiator

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 October, 2011, 11:12:15 PM
I doubt Morrissey needs the cash.

Everyone has their price, and The Smiths could pretty much name theirs. Mark my words, it'll happen.

Apparently The Pixies, who reformed a few years ago, still aren't even on speaking terms with each other. It's sad.

Adrian Bamforth

Never gonna happen.

radiator

People would have said the same thing about the Stone Roses a year ago.

JamesC

A Smiths reunion would effectively mean a break-up of the band Morrissey's been playing with for about the last 20 years.

Grant Goggans

Considering that a Smiths reunion would also mean patching things up with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, who had that ugly lawsuit with Morrissey, it's certainly possible that Morrissey and Marr could get back together, with Morrissey's current band and called it the Smiths.

Heck, when Roxy Music reunited in 2001, it was initially Ferry, Manzanera and McKay only.  It was after journalists at the press conference started pestering them that they contacted The Great Paul Thompson.  For the last ten years, the rest of the band has since been, for the most part, people whom Ferry has played with as a solo act (Colin Good, Julia Thornton, Chris Spedding, etc) instead of old Roxy sidemen.

Roger Godpleton

Right now we should be focusing on stopping Kim and Thurston from chainsawing Steve Shelley in half.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!