Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Quote from: Mangamax on 08 December, 2011, 06:07:45 PM
Yeah, a true legend leaves us.
Doesn't matter whether the bitching of whether he created Robin or not, or if it was him that chose to use Conrad Veidt as the basis for the Joker, he was a genius artist, resonsible for some truely iconic images

Gutted :(

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Greg M.

Joe Simon, aged 98, writer, artist, editor, frequent collaborator of Jack Kirby and co-creator of Captain America.

Colin YNWA

The very under-rated artist Eduardo Barreto at the age of just 57.

Any fan of western comics I'd heartily recommend checking out his work on 'The Long Haul' from Oni Press

Daveycandlish

Being a big fan of western comics, I can heartily recommend The Long Haul.
Damned shame about Barreto - he was an unsung hero of mine
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 16 December, 2011, 08:14:28 AM
Christopher Hitchens

An everyday life of cancer-sticks and drink, not too surprising really.

I was only re-reading his book 'Orwell's Victory' this week, the best book about Orwell that criticizes how the Left and Right tried to claim him while distorting his message for their own ends. I'll miss Hitch's humour and intelligence but not his flirtation with the Neo-Cons but his put-down of the fraud Galloway was worth it.

Emperor

Don Sharp:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Sharp

From Adrian Salmon:

QuoteAussie director and writer Don Sharp has died. He directed Hammer's RASPUTIN THE MAD MONK , THE DEVIL-SHIP PIRATES and KISS OF THE VAMPIRE. Among his other genre work was THE FACE and BRIDES OF FU MANCHU , WITCHCRAFT , CURSE OF THE FLY and DARK PLACES. He directed the 1974 CALLAN film starring Edward Woodward and episodes of THE AVENGERS ( Invasion of the Earthmen , The- Get- Away and The Curious Case of the Countless Clues) and one episode of THE CHAMPIONS ( Project Zero in 1969). Never really accorded the acclaim he was due because he worked outside the studio system - Don was a director who could direct any genre including comedy. To end this short piece I must mention a  favourite - PSYCHOMANIA - ride free Don , you've earned it and thankyou.

http://adriansalmonart.blogspot.com/2011/12/don-sharp-1922-2011.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

COMMANDO FORCES

Kim Jong Il aged 69

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 December, 2011, 04:26:48 AM
Kim Jong Il aged 69

So Team America: World Police finally killed Kim Jong II?

paddykafka

At least in Hell he'll have plenty of company like Hitler, Stalin etc and won't be singing about being "so ronery" anymore.

JayzusB.Christ

What a bleeding nutjob. Isn't his long-dead father still the official ruler of N. Korea?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

James Stacey

Kim Jong il died of a heart attack due to the stress and worry in his job ... Guess you could say he chose the wrong Korea!

JayzusB.Christ

Oh, jesus.  You're morally worse than Kim Jong Il
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Adrian Bamforth

"I told you I was Il."