Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

That's dreadful. So very sorry tordleback.

SBT

The Legendary Shark

Sorry to hear that, Tordelback :(
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Awww, sorry to hear that, TB. Coming from a cat-loving family with a house beside a main road, I know all too well what it's like. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bat King

Condolences Tordelback

I came to the realisation that my cherished dog would be dead now had he not been run over years ago.  We were on holiday and he was in the care of my mother-in-law. Trying to explain to an 18 month child why her dog is not coming when she calls isn't an easy thing.

My daughter is 23 now, so he'd be gone anyway.  Doesn't make me miss him less of course.  He was a great dog, especially with my daughter.  He checked her first thing in the morning and told us if she cried and we didn't here for any reason.  He had decided she was his responsibility from the day she came home from hospital.

Pets are family.  Indeed animals are generally more reliable... (not calling my daughter unreliable... but she has a brother (snigger)).
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Bloody pets, just one more way for the world to hurt you. 

Thanks for the thoughts, all.  Telling the kids was the worst part, as she was 'their' first kitten (our other three moggies are over 10, so predate them), and an incredibly gentle and affectionate animal - hardly a cat at all. 

All of our cats have been now been hit by cars, as despite purposely deliberately living in cul-de-sac the next road over has become a ridiculously fast rat-run short cut, but Mushroom is the first one to be killed outright.  At least some kind soul had the decency to move her on to the pavement where I found her, a duty I've performed myself many times, and am now pleased to see the difference it makes to the owner. 

Ah well, we've room for another lost cause now I suppose.

Roger Godpleton

Sorry to hear that, TB.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Misanthrope

My condolences, TB.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

COMMANDO FORCES

Vidal Sassoon aged 84

Spaceghost

Sorry to hear about your moggy Tback.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Syne

Really, really sorry to hear that TordelBack. All the best.

Misanthrope

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 May, 2012, 09:39:40 PM
Vidal Sassoon aged 84

Tenuous link to 2000ad. Didn't they ask him for a quote for the graphic novel of Hewligan's Haircut and he responded with:

"We don't wish to be associated with this sort of thing?"

And they put it on the graphic novel anyway?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Syne

The New Yorker website published a Sendak/Art Spielgelman collaboration depicting a conversation they had back in the '90s. Contains a great line from Sendak: "Childhood is cannibals and psychotics vomiting in your mouth!"

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/spieg-sendak.jpg

Syne

Quote from: Misanthrope on 10 May, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 May, 2012, 09:39:40 PM
Vidal Sassoon aged 84

Tenuous link to 2000ad. Didn't they ask him for a quote for the graphic novel of Hewligan's Haircut and he responded with:

"We don't wish to be associated with this sort of thing?"

And they put it on the graphic novel anyway?

I remember hearing that story too. Classic :)

Colin YNWA

Tony DeZungia, fantastic comicbook artist who drew one heck of a mean Jonah Hex, amongst others.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/05/10/r-i-p-tony-dezuniga/

johnnystress

sad to hear it