Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Genuinely felt a huge tug on my heart when I read about this on Twitter this morning.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Daveycandlish

Ernest Borgnine - one of those you thought was already gone - aged 95. Never the greatest of actors, but made some great films
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 08 July, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
Ernest Borgnine - one of those you thought was already gone - aged 95. Never the greatest of actors, but made some great films

Noooo! Airwolf! Black Hole!  Mind you, 95 - thats a good innings!

Daveycandlish

The Black Hole is one of my guilty pleasures (that sounds a bit rude!)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Adrian Bamforth

He was so great in The Poseiden Adventure, though I always mis him up with Lionel Sander, who played Max in Hart to Hart. Looking at photos you can see why.

Mudcrab

Minor but superb part in The Dirty Dozen. Good innings indeed though. RIP General.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

von Boom

Sad about Borgnine. I enjoyed many of his roles. Most people forget he won a best actor award for Marty and think only of his lighter roles.

Heath C Ackley

Another great star gone. I remember that scene in Bad Day In Black Rock when he got his arse kicked by a one-armed Spencer Tracy and when he played the taxi driver in Escape From New York.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Zarjazzer

Ernest was great. His fight scene referred to by ZippoCreed is one of the best ever IMHO. Ice Station Zebra as well as Airwolf. I heard a reporter who'd interviewed him several times talking of him as really genial guy,always ready for a last photo or autograph, so unlike modern Hollywood stars that often try to keep the public far,far away.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Mudcrab on 09 July, 2012, 12:53:37 PM
Minor but superb part in The Dirty Dozen. Good innings indeed though. RIP General.

Glad i am not alone there.  I had to check wiki as I was thinking it was the same bloke.

Rip, he was a good actor.

Goaty

Aww RIP Ernest :(

Not sure if many of you remember, he was great in one of the best westerns ever! The Wild Bunch.

Most of you maybe got familiar with this scene; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMxGFco57Y

Rog69

Very sad to hear of his passing, what a great career he had.

I've long prescribed to his secret of longevity and with him reaching 95, who can argue against the benefits -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PeLNzxNQ

RIP Mermaidman.

Spikes

Aye, RIP Mr Borgnine. So many great films.
Caught this on the radio this morning (Chris Moyles is a big Black Hole fan, apparently!).