Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 November, 2012, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 November, 2012, 02:39:09 PM
that's a shame. I thought his screen death was the best ever in a soap, as the ghost of Vera came to take him to heaven on t'bus.
Did you just make that up?
I hope not..!
I remember his last dance with ghost Vera before he died. If she mentioned it was his time to get t'bus with her, I can't believe I forgot that!

Richmond Clements

That's brilliant.
No, seriously - I'm very impressed they did something like that in a soap!

Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 November, 2012, 05:23:12 PM
That's brilliant.No, seriously - I'm very impressed they did something like that in a soap!

You should have caught Bouncer's wedding in Neighbours. Vince St Clair will live on.

Dandontdare

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

vzzbux

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
Dennis Anver

http://blastr.com/2012/11/man-who-modded-his-body-t.php
His condition strikes true with someone I used to know. He was deeply into piercing and body modification then had a serious melt down. From what I have heard from friends who have kept in touch with him he is back to his old self now and pretty stable mentally.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

Personally, a very sad one this. My mate Jason- who was only 27, and who had suffered much of his life- with cystic fibrosis and a recent double lung transplant. He seemed to have been given a whole new life, but then two weeks ago Jason had a stroke and was taken into hospital. I've just heard he died during the night.

He was my colleague for a time, and he was my friend. He'll be missed.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

And oddly, i've just remembered it was Dredd that forged our friendship. Growing up in South Africa, Jason read whatever Dredd he could get his hands on. When he saw the badge on my coat at work, we hit it off immediately. In recent years we didnt talk about comics much- jason's health forced him to move in with his mum in kent, then his operation and his new life over there gave us other things to talk about, and our communication was reduced to facebook anyway. But he'd always comment on, or like, dredd-related shizzle i posted on fb- right up to a month or so ago when, in typical Jason form, he was worried about how much money i appeared to have spent on comics that weekend. Ha, and i gave him a right telling-off for that, too. He will be, as i say, very much missed. And i wont be able to look at The Hunting Party- one of his favourite trades- in quite the same way again.

SBT

Richmond Clements

It's horrible when someone dies so young and in such a ...pointless way.
But it's good you have the good memories to hold on to.
Life can be shit at times...

Bolt-01

Sorry for your loss SBT, thanks for sharing.

TordelBack

Condolences on the loss of your friend, Steev, that's an utterly crap hand to be dealt.

Noisybast

Ah, that puts my petty gripes into some perspective.  Condolences,  Steev.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

shaolin_monkey

I'm so sorry to hear that SBT.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories with us.

Dunk!

Grief, that's just a year older than my beloved nephew.

Sorry for your loss, SBT.
"Trust we"

judda fett

Sorry to hear that SBT.