Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Larry Hagman aged 81 due to complications from his cancer!

Daveycandlish

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 November, 2012, 04:52:42 AM
Larry Hagman aged 81 due to complications from his cancer!
That's a shame. He didn't look well during that remake series that has just been shown on Brit TV (and I can't see that show surviving without him as he was the only thing that made it worth watching)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

JamesC

A shame about Larry - but I'm pretty sure he had fun while it lasted.

Frank

I always thought Major Nelson and his army buddy must have been lovers, since he made use of Jeannie's devotion and her powers for every possible purpose except the most obvious :

DON'T MENTION BEWITCHED, IT'S A VERY DIFFERENT SHOW

Spikes

Aye a shame about Larry Hagman.
I'd recently caught a radio 2 interview by him as part of the UK promotion for the new Dallas, and he seemed full of beans for that.

Professor Bear

Batman's Superior Cousin

The actress Dinah Sheridan, Time Lady Chancellor Flavia in the 20th-anniversary story The Five Doctors, has died
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Frank

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 25 November, 2012, 10:15:38 PM
The actress Dinah Sheridan, Time Lady Chancellor Flavia in the 20th-anniversary story The Five Doctors, has died

She was Jenny Agutter's Mum in The Railway Children too.

Daveycandlish

I was just watching Counsellor Flavia last month in my regular re-watch of old Who.

Damned good innings though.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Daveycandlish

Another good innings - and a damned fine tune, to boot.

judgefloyd

A damn shame.  I was surprised that he was still alive, so to me it feels as though Brubeck got extra time.  He was in a Patrick McGoohan movie called 'all night long' which was a London Jazz scene version of Othello

ming

Oscar Niemeyer moved on (aged 104) on Wednesday.  I've seen a fair few of his buildings first-hand, and they're an incredible legacy to leave behind.  I love the fact he remarried (aged 99) after the death of his first wife.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: ming on 06 December, 2012, 10:42:56 PM
Oscar Niemeyer moved on (aged 104) on Wednesday.  I've seen a fair few of his buildings first-hand, and they're an incredible legacy to leave behind.  I love the fact he remarried (aged 99) after the death of his first wife.

And he was still working! Finished a commission last week by all accounts.
Lock up your spoons!

judgefloyd

Rupert Murdoch's mum has just died.  His papers here are celebrating by pretending it was her fault and then apologising when forced to do so more than twenty years later.  Apparently she was a very nice and philanthropic person, but given she was responsible for Rupert being alive, she had a lot to make up for.