Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 12 December, 2012, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 12 December, 2012, 10:23:53 AMApparently, when I was a very small child his music was guaranteed to get me to stop crying.

He must have been playing a baby sitar. I'm here all week...

*thwip*  That was the noise of me stealing that for a Facebook status

I, Cosh

Excellent work Mr Bamforth.
We never really die.

SmallBlueThing

Yes, that made me laugh out loud. To which the teenager opposite on the bus sneered, in a "cant you just say 'LOL' like everyone else you old wanker?" kind of way.

So i punched her in the FACE.

SBT

Albion

Norman Joseph Woodland, co-inventor of the barcode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20718362

I think we should have a day off at work to mourn his passing. We print plenty of them.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Trout

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 14 December, 2012, 03:44:14 PM
Kenneth Kendall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20730869
Sad news, but as a Richard Herring fan, I'm afraid I burst out laughing when I read this...

Richmond Clements

Goaty

TordelBack

Dandontdare

Quote from: Goaty on 14 December, 2012, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 14 December, 2012, 06:28:50 PM
A lot of children. This is terrible. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

Bloody hell, 18 children, before Xmas, that's so sad.

WTF's Christmas got to do with anything? Would this be less tragic in Summer?

M.I.K.

Obviously not, but it'll be horrible for the relatives and the surviving kids every time the decorations go up from now on.

Spikes

This is just simply awful in the extreme. Terrible, terrible news.
They say events like this are relatively rare, but it all seems to be happening far too often of late.

Goaty

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 December, 2012, 08:59:36 PM

I am sorry if I said it wrong, it just as it's last week for my niece at her school and just thought of those poor children when it's nearly the xmas.

:(

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 14 December, 2012, 10:34:29 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 December, 2012, 08:59:36 PM

I am sorry if I said it wrong, it just as it's last week for my niece at her school and just thought of those poor children when it's nearly the xmas.

Obviously it's no more or less of a loss because it's Christmas, or indeed because it was the US rather than Iraq or Palestine or Darfur, but I know exactly what Goaty means - Christmas in the West is all about little kids, it is in many ways their time of year, and for me at least there certainly is an extra empathic kick in the guts to see such horror visited on them and their families now, when contrasted with all the eager excitement of my own nearest.

Professor Bear

I feel a prick for even saying it, but I'm just angry thinking of this and then thinking of all those fuckbags marching on Washington when they thought poor people would get access to free medicine and wonder how many will dust off their marching boots to call for better gun control.
Random, maybe, but I find focusing the anger on complete fucking assholes helps a little.