RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 December, 2012, 01:01:50 AM
« Last Edit: Today at 01:08:58 AM by JOE SOAP »

Woah!  How did you do that?

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 December, 2012, 01:01:50 AM
What proportion of them actually live in cabins 20 miles from civilisation?

According to stats, about 16% -- which is about 50 million people.  Well, OK, maybe not in cabins as such...

Yeah, you're right, though.  Gun control didn't stop Dunblane, and all the laws in the world can't stop a determined headcase.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Professor Bear

Quote from: A.Cow on 18 December, 2012, 02:50:13 AMGun control didn't stop Dunblane, and all the laws in the world can't stop a determined headcase.

But they can make it more difficult for them to get hold of a gun, and when your country has a fuckload of nutters this is a good thing.  Not to be indelicate, but can you imagine the damage that would have been done if the Dunblane shootings had been perpetrated with an automatic or self-reloading weapon rather than a clumsy and slow shotgun?
If you must own a gun, I don't think it's unreasonable that you prove you're mentally stable and/or that you store it in a secure place away from children and the mentally unbalanced.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Spikes

Is it too soon to post 'everyone'? Should i wait three more days?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 December, 2012, 05:55:43 PM
Is it too soon to post 'everyone'? Should i wait three more days?

I'm not worried - Tharg is talking blithely of the thrills to come in 2013, and if anyone should know whether the apocalypse is a blind then it's him.  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

Charlie boy

The Mayan prophecy can apparently be read as a 'good' thing, and that it means something will end and it leads to something much better. But most people are more excited about just saying 'End of the world!' with the more simple reading for some reason.

Dandontdare

Charlie boy

And yet I find myself wanting a 'Survival Pod' just so I can say I have one...

Professor Bear

Only just noticed that the Westboro Baptist mob have announced they're going to picket the vigil and funerals for the Newtown children.

Cunts.

Pete Wells

Weirdly, I wondered today if those arseholes would try and get their twisted publicity from this.

Stunningly nasty people.

von Boom

I hope their hell finds them eternally buggered.

Hawkmumbler

von Boom

Those Westboro people need a sound thrashing with a bag of Terry's Chocolate Oranges (milk or dark, you choose).