Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

Thanks, m'dears. YOU'RE all treasures.

We're still trying to process that she's gone. Like I say, we knew this was on the cards someday... but not quite so soon. I won't say it was unexpected, but it certainly feels that way at the moment, if that makes sense.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Link Prime

Very sorry for your loss HdE, I know from personal experience its dreadful to lose your Gran.

Hawkmumbler

Deepest condolences old chap. Wish the best to you and your family.

von Boom

Condolences to you and your family HdE. All the best.

Heath C Ackley

Sorry to hear of your loss mate.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Will Tom Sharpe's grave be a Blott on the Landscape?
We never really die.

judgefloyd

Had to happen sometime, but I lived Sharpe.  The Wilt books were genius

Frank

JayzusB.Christ

Just looked at HdE's post today.  Sorry to hear of your loss, HdE
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Hawkmumbler

Should this really be in the RIP thread? More like the BIH thread.

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 June, 2013, 08:24:52 PM
More like the BIH thread.

That would be an interesting scenario. I wonder if all the pentagrams the ingratiating wee shite carved and other occult nonsense he got up to would give him any traction when he finally came face to face with Satan? Doubt it.

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm really glad there's no such thing as that thread.

Bat King

Jenny, my cat. Mother to Patch and Cadbury.

Got Jenny as a kitten off a work colleague when my children were on holiday with the Ex first Summer after their Mum 'left home' in 1999... Kept her a secret. Even when my daughter asked on the phone if there were any surprises (they used to go to my in-laws every Summer with their Mum even when we were together & there was always a big surprise to come home to.

They were pretty pleased with the surprise.

Jenny gave a lot of love. Got grumpy after her kittens, but in a loving way... She was less playful but always wanting a hug.

She used to insist on being with me all the time but switched allegiance to my son Saul a couple of years after her kittens were born. She really, really loved my idiot son.

She only showed signs of being ill last night. We were going to go to vets today but she died in her sleep, snuggled up to Saul. Obviously he's upset, but he is happy she was with him and not alone outside.

We gave a dying cat house room 7 years ago. Found it in the garden, organ failure not a hope of survival. We let him stay in our house two days, he passed in his sleep quietly next to our fire. Cats Protection thought he was most likely abandoned by someone not wanting a vet bill - but he night have had a loving family that never knew what happened (we'd done all the reporting of 'found cat' obviously). At least our Jenny had the dignity at home that poor Ginge had.

Anyway. Sad day in the Bat household. King n Prince lost the Queen of the house. Patch is the new Queen I guess... though her brother, Cadbury, is a wimp compared to Patch Rat-Catcher.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex