Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 June, 2013, 09:24:19 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 June, 2013, 08:43:24 AM
Shit, don't do that! I thought Iggy Pop had died for a moment there!

You cannnnot kill what doessss not live!

Cheers

Jim

:lol:

Sideshow Bob

Yes, forgot about Iggy as well. !!

That's another one to add to my list of 'How on Earth are they still alive after everything they have 'consumed / done' over the years....

My List stands at present : :D
Undisputed Champion :  Keith Richards..
Worthy Second Place   : Iggy Pop.....Self mutilation 'shoots' Iggy into 2nd place..

In no other particular order...
Ozzy Osbourne....Don't think he knows that he is still alive...
Lemmy............Think he may be almost 1st equal with Keff...
Rick Parfitt & Francis Rossi.....'Lost' nasal tissues due to 'massive' amounts of coke...
Steven Tyler ( Aerosmith ).......Although he does look as if he is dead...
Eric Clapton.....Much 'kudos' to the man for cleaning up his act....but it was a close thing..
Mick Fleetwood.....Also cleaned up his act but another 'close thing'...
Scott Gorham ( Thin Lizzy )......Another 'lucky' one..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

JamesC

What about those guys from Mötley Crüe?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 June, 2013, 10:52:46 PM
See also: Iggy Pop.

Didn't that happen when he started advertising car insurance?

I'm here all week folks.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 June, 2013, 02:05:33 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 June, 2013, 10:52:46 PM
See also: Iggy Pop.

Didn't that happen when he started advertising car insurance?

I'm here all week folks.

Damn you sir! You beat me to it!

Frank

Fuckin' pussies, the lot of them. If you're not dead (preferably by the age of 27), you're just wasting everyone's time.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: sauchie on 22 June, 2013, 02:24:48 PM

Fuckin' pussies, the lot of them. If you're not dead (preferably by the age of 27), you're just wasting everyone's time.

:lol:......Very Good sauchie...

Although to be fair to some of the above list, It's not been for a 'lack of trying'....
The list above contains a couple of comas, several car accidents, a famous 'falling out of a tree' incident.....quite good actually considering he was 'out his tree' when he did it, numerous 'overdoses' etc....
I think some of them fall into the category of 'Epic fails' though !!.. :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Sideshow Bob

Aaaahhh !!....Cardinal sin of the Double Post....Sorry...

Quote from: JamesC on 22 June, 2013, 02:03:49 PM
What about those guys from Mötley Crüe?

JamesC....I had actually thought about including Tommy Lee from Motley Crue, as he is a hard drinking, drug taking libertine as well.....But immediately discounted him because he got to 'bunk up' with Pamela Anderson when she was 'in her prime'.....Anyone that 'lucky' was never going to make a 'How are they still alive'.....His immortality was assured after the release of the video on his boat...

The list was just a bit of a laugh,  and entrants apart from Keff were all just 'off the top of my head'...
All those kind of 'Rock & Roll' exploits really amuse me, and I know loads,  and might be an idea for a thread though......How are they still alive? and listing some of their exploits....
Could be quite 'racey' though and would need to ask the Mods...

Charlie boy

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 22 June, 2013, 02:01:59 PM
In no other particular order...
Ozzy Osbourne....Don't think he knows that he is still alive...
Lemmy............Think he may be almost 1st equal with Keff...
Story is Lemmy wanted to travel someplace for a whole blood transfusion as Keith is believed to have done to keep him going but on examining Lemmy's blood, the surgeons said he would die if half the impurities were taken out. Ozzy died the moment he became the reality TV star. "But I've just released a new Black Sabbath album after temporarily falling back off the wagon and now I moan about Sharon trying to get me back on reality TV!" Please be quiet, Ozzy, and tell your fame-hungry kin to do the same.

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for that Charlie boy...
Thing is,  I don't think Ozzy has really changed all that much.......If you have seen some of the old Sabbath documentaries,  you'll hear all the old band members say that he hasn't changed a bit......Apparently he was always 'odd' and a bit of a 'space cadet' even as a very young man in Birmingham...
Drink and drugs on an epic scale, obviously haven't helped either.......along with a 'celebrity obsessed family'..

One of the stories about Ozzy,  was when he was isolated in a Hotel in America and his troll.... ( sorry,  Wife Sharon ) was trying to get him off the booze........took all his clothes away,  and locked him in the hotel room with orders to the staff to stop him from getting out the Hotel....She came back home to find him absolutely 'plastered'......
Later it was discovered that he had put her clothes on, climbed out the balcony and then just walked out the hotel, as nobody thought to stop a 'woman'...

Albion

Even the legend that is Lemmy has had some health problems in recent years.

He was I'll at a gig in Greece a few years back, I think it was something to do with dehydration. He was told he needs to drink more water so he said he would have more ice in his Jack Daniels!

He has also had some heart problems recently..........
http://loudwire.com/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-has-surgery-to-implant-portable-defibrillator-in-his-chest/

Still not bad for a man in his late sixties considering his lifestyle.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Doctor Alt 8

Reminds me of the story the Late Graham Chapman ( Of Monty Python fame) related about Keith Moon...

If I recall correctly they were both  in Keith Moons penthouse suite in this hotel about 8 floors up.

combined both had drained the room dry and Graham mentioned that he fancied some gin.

I think the management had locked both of them in the room to prevent further excessive consumption.

Graham went to have a lie down. Next thing he knew there was a knocking on his bedroom window...

Outside was Keith Moon. he has climbed out of the balcony... and somehow scrambled down to raid bottles of alcohol from other rooms... including gin.

It was a wonder that man didn't die sooner...

Sideshow Bob

Yes Doc,
I'm surprised he lived as long as he did considering the 'antics' he got up to.... :D

Pete Townsend tells a story about his own hearing loss ( tinnitus ), which was due to years of standing amid massive walls of sound, but not helped in part by Keith...
Apparently at the finale of a Who concert, amid all the lights and flashes, Keith decided that the 'explosion / flash bangs' at the end wasn't quite loud enough.......so with the help of a roadie, added more flash powder to a couple of the props to get a 'bigger' bang......
At the climax of the show when Keiths' 'altered' prop went off .......and according to Pete, it was immense and awesomely loud !! ......It left him standing on stage amid piles of 'floating' debris with a 'stunned' look on his face, hair blown all over the place,  and a complete lack of hearing, with blood trickling from his ears....

CrazyFoxMachine

FFS we have to get this back on topic I keep coming on and seeing names and thinking they're dead!

Link Prime

CrazyFoxMachine