Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Writer Alexander Cockburn, reporting on various atrocities in Central America in the 80s, had a formula about how press coverage of these things worked:

1000 dead peasants = 10 dead foreign aid workers = 5 dead nuns  = 1 dead western journalist.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

von Boom

Don't fear the reaper Allen. Enjoy the peace. RIP.

Bat King

Quote from: GordonR on 15 August, 2013, 10:13:34 AM
Writer Alexander Cockburn, reporting on various atrocities in Central America in the 80s, had a formula about how press coverage of these things worked:

1000 dead peasants = 10 dead foreign aid workers = 5 dead nuns  = 1 dead western journalist.

Earthquakes in English speaking areas get headlines, mudslides in South America wiping out entire villages won't.

Cute missing white children make headlines, there are thousands of missing children a year...

Our news is always askew.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Quote from: johnnystress on 15 August, 2013, 08:13:50 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5657564/blue-oyster-cult-guitarist-allen-lanier-dies

Saw Patti Smith on Thursday (awesome) and she did a tribute to him that brought am lump to my throat - they were ex-lovers and good friends, and she performed Elegie from Horses, which he co-wrote.

Heath C Ackley

Elmore Leonard was a true giant of crime fiction. His skill with pace plot and characterisation was remarkable in every sense. His stories possessed such momentum that the reader was almost propelled through the pages. A sad loss for the genre and literature in general.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

COMMANDO FORCES

Justified is adapted from his books and I have to admit that Raylan Givens is the coolest cop ever!
Sad to hear of his passing

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

JamesC

Something gives me the idea that becoming a child star with the Disney corporation isn't very good for your psychological development.

Goaty

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Goaty on 21 August, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 21 August, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
Lee Thompson Young, has unfortunately, commited suicide, at age 20

That's sad, but no offended, you post lots here, hope you are not the grim reaper?

No, That my cousin!!!

I'll try and post in the Meg thread sometime, in the next week, just for you!!!!
Texts from Last Night

Bobblehead

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 21 August, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
Lee Thompson Young, has unfortunately, commited suicide, at age 20

Aww thats a damn shame. I watch alot of those american cop/procedural shows and I always enjoy Rizzoli and Isles that hes on. Cant believe he was only 20! The banter between him and his older partner Korsak were the highlight of the show for me.

Link Prime