Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

I used to love filmation stuff - I've just bought the Star Trek animated series box set - great stuff.
Do you really mean nadir? I can think of a lot worse.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

rogue69

Kadir Nurman aged 80 the man given credit for inventing the Donar Kebab

Spikes

The cause of death wasnt food poisoning, or a heart attack was it?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 October, 2013, 07:11:30 PM
The cause of death wasnt food poisoning, or a heart attack was it?

Ha! Beat me to it. 

Mind you, he lived until 80, so maybe they're not as unhealthy as previously thought..?

That'll be my excuse tonight anyway.

Goaty

Marcia Wallace of many voices in The Simpsons.

Toni Scandella

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Damn, that's put a dampener on my day
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Frank

Quote from: esoteric ed on 27 October, 2013, 05:37:14 PM
Lou Reed RIP

That's hardly unexpected, but difficult to take in all the same. That's one of the true giants gone, and he was involved in making more of the music that defined that era than folk who sold ten times as many records.

Looking at his age, the next decade or so is going to be a holocaust of the people who determined what music could be for a previous generation. He was, by all accounts, a sometimes willfully difficult character, but he made so much beautiful music - like Pale Blue Eyes and Sweet Jane - that it's difficult to single out one tune. Even so, I know there's one particular piece of music he'd love to think of everyone listening to at this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Vy4VRRO30

Spikes

I hadnt realised he been ill? Or wasnt in the best of health, so this news has stopped me in my tracks
He was one of those artists that just always seemed to be about. And looking pretty much the same as he did in the 60's.

But thats a great quote from him in that Rolling Stone link

"One chord is fine," he once said, alluding to his bare-bones guitar style. "Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 October, 2013, 06:13:58 PM
looking pretty much the same as he did in the 60's.

Like Jagger and Iggy Pop, he had a face like a monkey's ball sack; but they all stayed skinny, kept a good head of hair and didn't change they way they dressed.

Professor Bear

That is a shame.  Perfect Day is probably sneered at by "proper" Reed fans but I have fond memories of it, and suspect the PS4 ad might have got him a bit of a push with the yoots.

/Simon Cowell buys the rights to Perfect Day for a Xmas release.

TordelBack