Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Sad to see Sir Chris Chataway has died aged 82 - he was a kinda hero of mine. Probably best known as one of Roger Banister's pacemakers when he broke the four minute mile but you should google him to see what else he did in his life - his athletics career was only 5 years long - and tell me that's not an interesting fellow.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, heard about that. Suicide it seems. Sad, never watched many of his reviews, never really covered anything in my sphere of interest, but he came of as a vary nice chap all the time, more than can be said for some of the TGWTG "critics".

Chrrow

Justin was my favourite reviewer and he was the nicest and kindest person I ever knew. I was watching his videos for years and now that he's dead I feel like I lost a personal friend of mine. I'm sad and I really miss him. Rest in peace Justin.

GrinningChimera

Not that anyone here will know him, but my girlfriends good friends brother was shot and killed in a drive by shooting over the weekend. To make it worse he had no gang ties, and was not the guy they were after. Just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally my girlfriend is upset. Makes you wonder what goes through the minds of some people.

Rest in peace Tony.

Dandontdare

shit that's terrible GC - condolences to your girlfriend and her family.

just heard that folk legend Pete Seeger has died.  :(

JamesC

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 27 January, 2014, 12:28:19 AM
Not that anyone here will know him, but my girlfriends good friends brother was shot and killed in a drive by shooting over the weekend. To make it worse he had no gang ties, and was not the guy they were after. Just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally my girlfriend is upset. Makes you wonder what goes through the minds of some people.

Rest in peace Tony.

That's absolutely horrific. I can't think how a family would even go about trying to process something like that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 27 January, 2014, 12:28:19 AM

Rest in peace Tony.

Wow.  Truly appalling; hope you and your girlfriend are managing to struggle on.  Sadly it's the kind of thing that's on the increase, it seems. Whatever about my political stance, emotionally I'd like to see people like that locked up forever, I really would - taking an innocent life is the most appalling thing anyone can do.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

RIP Maximilian Schell, you are the legend of many great film, but you will be always remember as insane Dr. Hans Reinhardt in The Black Hole.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Oh no, I finally got a chance to watch that movie, back in December!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Well thats a mighty loss. The Black Hole is indeed amazing and part of it was down to his performance.  :'(

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 01 February, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

RIP Maximilian Schell, you are the legend of many great film, but you will be always remember as insane Dr. Hans Reinhardt in The Black Hole.

Ahhh, now that's a shame.
I have very fond memories of going to see The Black Hole back in the day.

He of course starred in many other, and better films; The Odessa File, Cross of Iron, and A Bridge too far, to name but three.

A brilliant actor, RIP Mr Schell.

von Boom

Sad news indeed. Schell was a fine actor.

Goaty

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman, he been found dead in New York, he was great actor :( Only 46.

Frank

Quote from: Goaty on 02 February, 2014, 06:41:03 PM
RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman, he been found dead in New York, he was great actor :( Only 46.

Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304626804579358943360702878