Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Bob Geldof: "Peaches has died. We are beyond pain. 'Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us. 'What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? 'How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is."
Beautiful and so heartbreaking statement.

Bat King

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 April, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
No age at all. My eldest is the same age.

My eldest is a mother of two aged 25. Not saying that makes us feel more for the situation, just putting it in context as Tips did.

Pretty horrendous for Bob and his family.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Was thinking something similar, BK - I cannot get my head around even imagining losing one of my boys.

Ghost MacRoth

RIP Mickey Rooney, a far greater loss than some daft lass who likely chucked her privileged life down the toilet.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Frank

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 07 April, 2014, 09:54:23 PM
RIP Mickey Rooney ...

There are many more parallels than differences between the two sad wastes of lives to addiction and self loathing, neebs.

Jim_Campbell

Stay classy, Ghost.

And by "classy" I mean: act like a colossal cunt who thinks he gets to decide whose life has greater value.

Arsehole.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ghost MacRoth

Yeah, right back atcha fucknugget. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Frank

Probably not the thread for this.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: sauchie on 07 April, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Probably not the thread for this.

Agreed. Glee at the death of a 25 year old mother has no place here.

ZenArcade

Read about the wee girl this evening. A young family with no mother...terribly sad. I guess this happens all of the time, cruel world. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 April, 2014, 10:06:27 PM
Agreed. Glee at the death of a 25 year old mother has no place here.

Glee??  Where the hell you getting that, mm?  I simply don't CARE.  There's a difference.

TordelBack

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 07 April, 2014, 09:54:23 PM
...some daft lass who likely chucked her privileged life down the toilet.

Yeah, parents divorced at 7, stepfather dead by suicide when she was 8, mother O.D'd when she was 11, growing up in the tabloids, must have been just the perfect childhood.  May none of my kids ever enjoy that kind of privlege.

JamesC

They've got camera men outside the Geldof household beaming live pictures of the comings and goings. I wish they'd leave people alone.

Frank

The test of whether any of the comments on this thread are reasonable or not is whether you could say the same things regarding the death of a young mum in a council flat without sounding unfeeling.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 07 April, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
I simply don't CARE.

Then why even say it at all? Clearly people here with kids that age are feeling the Geldof's loss and you wade in with a comment like that. Mate you deserve a Campbell drubbing and a Tordelback takedown and I don't say that lightly.