Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

Quote from: Fungus on 15 January, 2016, 01:00:58 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 14 January, 2016, 01:04:29 PM
Ahh no, one of my very favourite actors. What a week for shit news.

Can I just remind the Fates that Donald Trump is also 69, and would surely have made a more than acceptable substitute for either Bowie or Rickman? Both, preferably?

Wishing death on someone is the shittiest thing I've heard for a while.

Just a friendly reminder that Donald Trump isn't actually a human being. And Yes, wishing death on someone is a very crappy thing BUT as it is Donald Trump it's ok

R.I.P Alan Rickman and David Bowie. The world is a sadder place without you both.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Spikes

Aye, sad news about Alan Rickman. A superb and eminently watchable actor. And never would have had him down for being nearly 70. Yikes.

RIP, Mr Rickman.

auxlen

Late to the site:

David Bowie: letter to hermoine is a beautiful song if you haven't heard it. Been stuck in my head since he passed.

I've had to sit through robin hood prince of thieves many times and mr rickman was the only thing that got me through it. 'Cut his heart out with a spoon!'

if Bill Murray goes this year then....

Ghost MacRoth

Grizzly Adams...Dan Haggerty.  The mayor off of Ghostbusters....David Margulies Not quite as well known as other more high profile celebs who've shuffled off this mortal coil as the year begins, but still :( .  Hell of a start to the year.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Spikes

Grizzly Adams? I would have said he died years ago, if asked.
And David Margulies' name wasn't immediately familiar to me, but his face was - thanks to a recent Blu-ray marathon. He played, very well, Tony Sopranos' lawyer.

RIP, to them both.

TordelBack

Quote from: Fungus on 15 January, 2016, 01:00:58 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 14 January, 2016, 01:04:29 PM
Ahh no, one of my very favourite actors. What a week for shit news.

Can I just remind the Fates that Donald Trump is also 69, and would surely have made a more than acceptable substitute for either Bowie or Rickman? Both, preferably?

Wishing death on someone is the shittiest thing I've heard for a while.

You haven't been listening to Trump then.

And I wasn't 'wishing death' on anyone (for fuck's sake, is this kindergarten now?) merely expressing personal dissatisfaction with those death had visited when the choice of 69 year olds is so wide.

ThryllSeekyr

This is turning into a convention....

He might not have been as well known as the other two before him, but was known.

I was only briefly mentioned him as example on another topic last week.

This song is fitting by association right.

Now, I didn't know better, I'd think they were really dead but hiding deep in some forest.

Something Fishy

I used to love watching Grizzley Adams.  Sad news again.  RIP.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 January, 2016, 08:01:25 PM
This is turning into a convention....

He might not have been as well known as the other two before him, but was known.

I was only briefly mentioned him as example on another topic last week.

This song is fitting by association right.

Now, I didn't know better, I'd think they were really dead but hiding deep in some forest.

How did come out wrong....somebody either doing that to me or I was really tired when I posted there a while ago.

That last part was meant to read as.....

Now, if I didn't know better, I'd think they weren't really dead, but hiding deep in some forest.

Something Fishy

An auto correct moment there TS?  Happens to me all the time.

Something Fishy

Glen Frey of the Eagles has now passed away aged 67.

I loved his chilled voice on several of their brilliant songs.

RIP.

JamesC

Sad to hear about Glen Frey.

My girlfriend recently bought 'The Best of The Eagles' and it didn't even have Hotel California on it. Someone messed up there.

JayzusB.Christ

All this dying-in-your-sixties stuff going on lately is fairly depressing.  Aren't people supposed to be living longer these days?  I won't even get my pension till I'm 69  :(
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Ghost MacRoth

Dale Griffin.....Bowie's drummer, and co-founder of Mott The Hoople.....67.

I look forward to a day in 2016 where we don't hear that someone who contributed to my formative years has died. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Something Fishy

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 January, 2016, 11:51:38 AM
All this dying-in-your-sixties stuff going on lately is fairly depressing.  Aren't people supposed to be living longer these days?  I won't even get my pension till I'm 69  :(

There are even those who think expectancy peaked with that war generation and their lifestyles and the following generations won't live as long so are simply set to work until we die in order to pay for the longer life of a long gone generation by then.  Depressing.