Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 31 January, 2016, 09:49:48 AM
Terry Wogan, 77, cancer.

Oh that one hits hard, despite knowing it was coming.  Perpetual innuendo-fest Blankety Blank was a cornerstone of TV watching in our house, with his battles with Kenney Everett pretty much the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and while his ridiculously successful chatshow killed my interest, his various radio shows were always beyond masterful.  I met him once in passing in a hotel bar in Clare, he was utterly charming.

ZenArcade

Awww not Tel-star.....this has been a dreadful month. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IAMTHESYSTEM

Another popular icon gone. 2016 is not a very happy year so far.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Something Fishy

Sad news.  I used to love listening to his breakfast show as I drove to work, he always seemed to be enjoying himself so much and was a joy to listen to.  RIP Terry.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, shite.  Never even knew he was sick.  My granny knew him when he was a kid.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Timothy

Lord Lucan. Now officially dead.

rogue69

Joe Alaskey – aka the voice of Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny aged 63

rogue69

Earth, Wind & Fire star Maurice White has passed away at the age of 74.

I, Cosh

BMX dude Dave Mirra. Definitely not radical.
We never really die.

paddykafka

Quote from: rogue69 on 04 February, 2016, 11:32:53 PM
Joe Alaskey – aka the voice of Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny aged 63

That's all, Folks!  :(

Professor Bear

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 03 February, 2016, 10:17:08 PM
Still one of the most baffling cases of disappearance especially for one so well known. Apparently he would/is 81 this year.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 February, 2016, 04:11:49 PM
Still one of the most baffling cases of disappearance especially for one so well known. Apparently he would/is 81 this year.

Obviously his murder of that poor woman isn't remotely funny, but I do like the idea of arranging to have his corpse fed to the tigers in the zoo so his wife couldn't inherit.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 05 February, 2016, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 February, 2016, 04:11:49 PM

Obviously his murder of that poor woman isn't remotely funny, but I do like the idea of arranging to have his corpse fed to the tigers in the zoo so his wife couldn't inherit.
Oh obsolutely not, i'm in now way refuting he was considerably unstable by the time he commited those horrible acts but the lure of the unexplained make's me somewhat fond of the modern urban myth.