Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

I loved Trap Door.   Sad news.  RIP.

ThryllSeekyr

Trap Door.... only knew of the Claymation television series when I read about a tie-in computer game in gamer magazine along time ago. I don't think I've ever seen the show itself and have neve played the game.

Sad news :(

richerthanyou

Trap Door is one of my earliest childhood TV memories up there with Count Duckula and the likes.

I'm sure it would have had some influence in molding my fragile little child mind :D (then, not now. now it's a grown up fragile mind)

R.I.P

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 March, 2016, 07:11:05 PM
Trap Door.... only knew of the Claymation television series when I read about a tie-in computer game in gamer magazine along time ago. I don't think I've ever seen the show itself and have neve played the game.

Great game; I spent many hours working out its intensely frustrating puzzles as a kid - oddly enough the programmer ended up living in my little Irish midlands town years later.

Great show as well; sorry to hear its creator has checked out.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2016, 12:11:14 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 March, 2016, 07:11:05 PM

Great game; I spent many hours working out its intensely frustrating puzzles as a kid - oddly enough the programmer ended up living in my little Irish midlands town years later.

Great show as well; sorry to hear its creator has checked out.

Yous should visit him & file a complaint about how frustrating it was for you!

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Hawkmumbler

Oh, oh no. No.

Ronnie Corbett

I....I have no words. A great comedy double act has finally left this world completely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35934024

Something Fishy

I'm not so convinced about the health benefits of Wiltshire Farm Foods anymore.

The Legendary Shark

I love his rambling jokes told from the big chair. Great stuff.

And it's goodnight from him.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

That used to be my favourite bit. Oddly it was the bit my wife liked least as she just wanted him to get on with it  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 March, 2016, 12:07:40 PM

Theirs something decidedly Bennett like about it all, isn't there? A kind of working class humour.

Proudhuff

'Morning Super', 'Morning Wonderful!'

was one of my favourite comedy moments.
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town remains the definitive fictional account of the Jack the Ripper murders.

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 March, 2016, 12:07:40 PM

Yeah. It was truly great stuff. Very saddened by his passing. RIP.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 March, 2016, 12:18:58 PM
'Morning Super', 'Morning Wonderful!'

was one of my favourite comedy moments.

Its certainly a piece of genius. Much as its cliche Four Candles is one of the truly great comedy sketchs also. Ronnie Baker always seemed to carry the credit for the genius of the best of the Two Ronnies, but I always got the impression the relationship was more even than was commonly held. In much the same way that while Eric Morecombe was a comedy genius he wouldn't have been half as funny without the straightman genius that was Ernie Wise.