Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni Scandella

JOE SOAP

By-Jove

Sorry to see Gene Wilder go. Liked all those films and had to re-watch some of the best scenes from Blazing Saddles again. There some good potential material for 2000AD there. Mel Brooks should be a writer here.

QuickQuag

Actor and transgender activist Alexis Arquette.

Arquette appeared in around 50 movies, and it surprises me how many I've seen (and I'm not a frequent movie-goer), from the light and popular Wedding Singer to the hip Pulp Fiction and the downright bleak Last Exit to Brooklyn. Special mention, the less-known NZ gothic thriller Jack Be Nimble which seems to have been a rare leading role.

The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

sheridan

Greta Zimmer Friedman, at the age of 15, among that last Jews to be allowed to leave Nazi-controlled Austria.

At the age of 21 a sailor grabbed her and kissed her against her will.  Here's a photo of the act, you may have seen it before:

JayzusB.Christ

Ah yeah, I remember reading an interview with her before, where she confirmed that this was pretty much a photo of her being sexually molested in public.  But all was cool, because, y'know, the 1940s.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 September, 2016, 08:41:20 AM
Ah yeah, I remember reading an interview with her before, where she confirmed that this was pretty much a photo of her being sexually molested in public.  But all was cool, because, y'know, the 1940s.
Yeah, pretty disgusting how media and history has constantly shat on the wishes of this woman in the name of giving the occasion an iconic image. Urgh.

Grugz

tango, the last esso tiger and I believe the oldest in Britain, shame as so many are endangered in the wild,used to love those ads as a kid and had a tiger in your tank poster!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 13 September, 2016, 03:50:58 PM
tango, the last esso tiger and I believe the oldest in Britain

My wife bought me a 'falconry experience' at the Woodside Wildlife Park a couple of years ago, which included a tour of the zoo. Tango was newly arrived and was being kept largely separate from the other tigers in his own enclosure, which meant we were able to get relatively close to him — three or four feet (albeit with a fence between us) and he was a magnificent animal.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

Quote from: Grugz on 13 September, 2016, 03:50:58 PM
tango, the last esso tiger and I believe the oldest in Britain, shame as so many are endangered in the wild,used to love those ads as a kid and had a tiger in your tank poster!

Grugz

heh, not quite, I think he was running in the snow...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

The Legendary Shark

Bill, one of my best mates, died in hospital this morning. I just found out.

He'd been ill for years after losing a leg to diabetes but never moped about it. Of all the people I have known in my life, I've never had as much fun and laughter with any of them as I have with Bill. We got barred from a carpet shop, silver-painted our boss's luggage and almost got arrested for celery rustling, amongst other adventures. He was a big man with a big heart, a true gent and 100% genuine.

So long, you old bugger, I'm going to miss you like crazy.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

Sorry for your loss Shark Bill sounds like he was a right hoot :(

Rately

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 September, 2016, 01:09:57 PM
Bill, one of my best mates, died in hospital this morning. I just found out.

He'd been ill for years after losing a leg to diabetes but never moped about it. Of all the people I have known in my life, I've never had as much fun and laughter with any of them as I have with Bill. We got barred from a carpet shop, silver-painted our boss's luggage and almost got arrested for celery rustling, amongst other adventures. He was a big man with a big heart, a true gent and 100% genuine.

So long, you old bugger, I'm going to miss you like crazy.

Sorry to hear that fella.

Thoughts and prayers with you and Bill's family.

Grugz

condolences sharky and bill's family