Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Oh my. Utterly devastated, his Indigo Orime run was a huge draw factor for me staying with the prog in my formative oeriod in 2011/12. This is what it must have felt like to lose Ron Smith, i'm at a complete loss.

:'(

CrazyFoxMachine

What?!

WHAT?!

This utterly horrible news he was one of my absolute favourite of the 21st century droids - his art was always so rammed with detail and so extraordinarily intricate. Incredible artist, this is devastating.

It's apt 2000 AD's twitter shared this spread of his as it's one I genuinely remember looking at and thinking "now this is classic 2000 AD art"

Horrible, horrible news thoughts are with those he's left.

Magnetica

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 May, 2017, 03:07:06 PM
Oh my. Utterly devastated, his Indigo Orime run was a huge draw factor for me staying with the prog in my formative oeriod in 2011/12. This is what it must have felt like to lose Ron Smith, i'm at a complete loss.

Yes shocking news about Edmund Bagwell. 50 is no age at all.

Not sure what you mean about Ron Smith. Last I checked he was very much still alive.  (?)

Steve Green

I adored his work on Indigo Prime, my condolences to his friends and family.

TordelBack

Obviously totally inconsequential compared to the reality of losing your life at such a young age, and the impact on family and friends, but what a terrible, terrible loss to comics. Bagwell was an extraordinary artist, one of the very brightest lights of recent years, and I could never understand why he wasn't instantly snapped up by Vertigo etc. the moment his first page appeared in print.

Feck, what an awful shame. My sincerest sympathies to his loved ones and those who knew him.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Magnetica on 16 May, 2017, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 May, 2017, 03:07:06 PM

Yes shocking news about Edmund Bagwell. 50 is no age at all.

Not sure what you mean about Ron Smith. Last I checked he was very much still alive.  (?)
Not Ron Smith! I meant Belardinli! Brain fart from the sadness of it all. Sorry.

Goaty

Aw no! One of artists with so beautiful details. Thought he was 30s but surprise not.

Thank you for great Cradlegrave .

SuperSurfer

Devastating news.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends, former colleagues.

A truly phenomenal artist.

SIP

Jeez, terribly sad news and the loss of a real talent. My condolences to family and friends.

Frank

One of the very best of all time. I'm going to hug D'Israeli, Flint, and Willsher a little more tightly tonight.

SIP

Quote from: SIP on 16 May, 2017, 03:55:33 PM
Jeez, terribly sad news and the loss of a real talent. My condolences to family and friends.

And I imagine a lot of us here are in the ballpark of 50 (give or take 5-10 years) - too damned young!

von Boom

Unbelievably sad news about Edmund Bagwell. Such a tragedy for his friends and family. My heartfelt condolences to them.

Link Prime

Awful news about Edmund Bagwell. RIP.

JamesC

Terrible news.
A comic artist who's art had it all. Fantastic draftsmanship, great storytelling, wonderful design, dynamic energy and loads of imagination. Such a same there won't be more of it.