Main Menu

FS: Judge Dredd badges

Started by Wake, 15 January, 2010, 04:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

My new run of Judge Dredd badges are now in stock, and are arguably even better than the first run. I shipped 59 badges today so hopefully reports will start coming in over the weekend.

I should get better photos soon, but here's one taken today.

The badges are £19.95 plus p&p (£1.90 in the UK). You can order one here.

Cheers,

Wake

Dandontdare

Woohoo! I'll be stalking the postie for the next few days!

HdE

Only thing that'd make those badges cooler is A) a lower price tag and B) the option of having them personalised.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Proudhuff

Quote from: HdE on 15 January, 2010, 05:40:32 PM
and B) the option of having them personalised.

Where's it say that?
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Only thing that'd make those badges cooler is A) a lower price tag and B) the option of having them personalised.

I don't think £20 is particularly expensive for a gold-plated badge. There is an awful lot of tat merchandise you see in Forbidden Planet that is well overpriced and just plastic. I think it's a pretty good price. Sure- I don't have £20 spare at the moment to buy one with. If I did though, I would.

Personalisation would be great, but it would probably push the price up by a very large amount- each badge would have to be cast individually on order, then plated surely.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Wake

A) The badges were £14.95 back in 2006 but £19.95 gives me a better chance of making enough profit to extend the range.

B) I do have an idea for personalised badges. I could get a run of metal blank shields made and then work out a system of printing names onto decals. (i.e. clear names so the gold shows through with black backgrounds). I could sell those for the same price as the Dredd badges.

Cheers,

Wake

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm up for that Wake, pity all those people with long surnames :lol:

Kev Levell

vzzbux

I am going to point my wife to this thread.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

HdE

Just by way of a quick response to Dog Deever and Wake...

GOLD PLATED?!! That detail slipped past me! I wholeheartedly and sincerely take back what I said!And to think those were available for £5 - that's a STEAL!

By the way, Wake - hope you didn't take my comment as being snarky at all. I think personalised badges would be a MASSIVE selling point. Good to hear you've given this some thought. I know full well these thingsaren't as easy to accomplish as they are to talk about  ;)
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Wake

Quote from: HdE on 15 January, 2010, 10:42:41 PM
GOLD PLATED?!! That detail slipped past me! I wholeheartedly and sincerely take back what I said!And to think those were available for £5 - that's a STEAL!

I make absolutely no guarantee as to the gold content of the gold plating. It might even be zero, but it looks like gold and the badges are pretty heavy so I'm not sure it really matters.

I'm not sure if you misread my previous price. The badges used to be £15 not £5.

Cheers,

Wake

WoD

And they sold...REALLY well.  I remember selling some from the FutureQuake table at Bristol a few years back...they were good quality.

JOE SOAP

I think it's a bargain for such quality.

COMMANDO FORCES

I can't wait to compare this new one against the old one ;)

Kev Levell

I'm just glad I've had the opportunity to buy one this time round - it's lovely looking and I can't wait to get my hands on mine!