General Chat > Games

Gamebooks

<< < (90/120) > >>

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: Richard on 10 August, 2022, 06:34:12 PM ---Hey Jimbo, how are you getting on with Sorcery 3?

--- End quote ---

Haha, good, thanks! Must be well over a third of the way through now (2 of 7 serpents dispatched) but my main focus has been FFs. I seemed to be forever playing catch-up to Barrington, so I've ploughed ahead with the titles I own and got another five playthroughs/write-ups in the bag for when everyone else catches up to those books.

Blue Cactus:
Tonight I will be playing Legend of Zagor over Teams with my pal. I’m not committing to a full quest report but I will let you know how it goes and how we inevitably meet our doom!

Blue Cactus:
I see from the inside back cover ad there was also a Legends of Zagor board game with miniatures and whatnot. Interesting!

Barrington Boots:
I've never played that so very interested in how you get on / how it plays!

I'm sure I remember seeing an advert for the boardgame. It's qute Heroquest-esque, but had an audio element where Zargor would mock the player, or produce sound effects. Tbh it sounds incredible.

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 August, 2022, 09:08:10 AM ---I seemed to be forever playing catch-up to Barrington, so I've ploughed ahead with the titles I own and got another five playthroughs/write-ups in the bag for when everyone else catches up to those books.

--- End quote ---

I've slowed up on purpose on the FF books as I felt I was getting too far ahead! I have flexible working and my job is generally reactive, so I can have quiet periods where playing a gamebook is possible (and actually easier than reading a normal book) so I get lots of opportunity to play them that I guess others don't. Currently I'm getting my pirate ass handed to me on Seas of Blood.

I have the first 25 (so everything up to Nightmare Castle) and then sporadic books after that. I think realistically I can do the first 35 but won't be able to go much beyond that given the cost of the books, but I did splash out a little and get myself Moonrunner and Shadow Warriors. So there's a way to go yet!

Richard:
Moonrunner is a fantastic book. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

The Time Serpent is phenomenally hard to beat! I think the third book is the hardest, all because of that fucker!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version