General Chat > Games

Gamebooks

<< < (91/107) > >>

Dark Jimbo:
I've done Demons of the Deep, Sword of the Samurai, Trial of Champions, Creature of Havoc and Beneath Nightmare Castle. Five books, and only one win! 😆

Blue Cactus:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 August, 2022, 12:13:16 PM ---I've done Demons of the Deep, Sword of the Samurai, Trial of Champions, Creature of Havoc and Beneath Nightmare Castle. Five books, and only one win! 😆

--- End quote ---

Mate, I’ve completed about two in the last 25 years and have played them all, some several times! My pal Ric has a compulsion to always move on to a new book after each defeat so by the time a book comes back round again we’ve forgotten what we did wrong the last time.

I cannot adequately describe the sheer emotion in his eyes last year when he realised we were reading the final paragraph of Liche Lord and we’d actually done it!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
Regular readers of this thread should be made aware that this month's Fortean Times- out today- has a cover and interior feature about Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.

From the cover: "The multi million selling gamebooks that sparked a moral panic and became a cultural phenomenon." Also with an Ian Livingston interview.

SBT

wedgeski:
For you knowledgeable Gamebook-ers, what would you say is the current state of the art in this genre?

Richard:
I wouldn't know. I'm only familiar with gamebooks from the 80s and 90s. There are some new FF books out next month, one with art by Tazio Bettin who did the recent Dexter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version