General Chat > Games

Gamebooks

<< < (108/120) > >>

Richard:
Great write-ups there! I'm glad people liked Sword of the Samurai.

Apparently the same authors did a series of science fiction gamebooks called Falcon, does anyone know if they're good? The fourth in the series has a bit set on Orb (by way of visiting a parallel universe).

Barrington Boots:
Funnily enough I've got one of the Falcon books (not the 4th one) here and was thinking of playing it after Demons of the Deep. I read some reviews and it sounds like as a series it's a bit uneven, but I've got a really high opinion of the authors as a gamebook-writing duo so...

It's got some incredible art from Geoff Senior including one of some tentacles gorily exploding out someone. Insane art for a kids book.

Richard:
I love Geoff Senior's work, it would be great if Tharg got him back in the prog. (His work for 2000AD was before he hit his stride.)

Funt Solo:

--- Quote from: Barrington Boots on 06 October, 2022, 01:17:27 PM ---Funnily enough I've got one of the Falcon books (not the 4th one) here and was thinking of playing it after Demons of the Deep. I read some reviews and it sounds like as a series it's a bit uneven, but I've got a really high opinion of the authors as a gamebook-writing duo so...

It's got some incredible art from Geoff Senior including one of some tentacles gorily exploding out someone. Insane art for a kids book.

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed the Falcon series at the time. My lack of knowledge of dangerous plants led me to a sticky end, though.

Richard:
What the hell! Bought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version