Main Menu

The Completely Unofficial 2000AD Sketch Competition #2: REGENED

Started by Jim_Campbell, 27 February, 2021, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SKETCHES TO THIS THREAD

Well, folks, with the inaugural sketch comp wrapped up, it's time to move on to the next challenge, selected by our worthy winner, Colin YNWA.

Quoth Colin:

QuoteRegened - its been all the buzz of 2000ad social media. We love it. We hate it. Now we create it. Regene your favourite character by reimagining them as they would be created in a new all ages comic. Regene your favourite cover, regene ... something completely new that would fit into the Regene issues... which isn't regening is it, its just gening... but you get the idea. Do something, do anything, that would look in place in the current regened issues.

You have one week to put your thinking caps on, get scribbling if inspiration strikes, but please don't post your entries to this thread.

You can render your entries in the medium of your choice, but please don't spend more than 45 minutes on each sketch.

The thread for posting your masterpieces will be along next Saturday, and will stay open for one week, after which we'll move on to the voting.

Once again, there will be a GLITTERING PRIZE for the winning entry. As well as getting to choose the theme for Sketch Comp #3, the winner will receive a randomly selected graphic novel* from my Terrifyingly Tall Mountain of Comps™.

*Only random in as much as I need to be able to extract it fom the TTMoC™ without triggering a life-threatening landslide of comics, and the book will either be Vol 1, or a standalone, so you won't have to buy preceding volumes before you can enjoy your prize.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Regened - bloody Regened - since when has 2000ad done any thing different or changed since Prog 234? Its never done that... like EVER... As an entitled Facebook 2000ad Fan I resent when the company trying to make an ongoing concern of the comic I claim to love tries something different to support its long term existance and then has the temerity to throw it at the sketch compet...

... what...

...hold on who did you say choose this...

... I did...

... in that case BLOODY GREAT IDEA - can't wait to do something for this...

Thanks Jim and which ever numbnut came up with the theme...

Bolt-01

Jim_Campbell

Just giving this a quick bump up the page for those who might have missed it! The thread to post your entries will appear this Saturday — 6th of March — and will be open for one week for your inspired scribblings.

We now return you to your scheduled programming.

Tomwe

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 March, 2021, 09:48:56 AM
Just giving this a quick bump up the page for those who might have missed it! The thread to post your entries will appear this Saturday — 6th of March — and will be open for one week for your inspired scribblings.

We now return you to your scheduled programming.
Thank you Jim! I am all set for this week already.

Jim_Campbell

Colin YNWA

Got two ideas I just need to work up - really looking forward to this one.

JayzusB.Christ

I love this competition.  I have one idea and am hoping another one comes to me soon.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

I've already done mine, but it's little more than a scribble... :/

Jim_Campbell