Main Menu

Dredd vs Death

Started by Grobbendonk, 11 August, 2014, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Gladwin on 28 October, 2014, 08:19:59 AM
The combat in batman as is the best in any game, but the traversal of the map, and stealth elements would not fit with dredd. You would need to work in the lawgiver as well. Maybe a system similar to devil May cry, using guns, and cqc weapons (daystick, electroknux, etc). Could go completely the opposite and go the telltale games walking dead route.

True...., maybe I shouldn't have said movement. As without the stealth, it's fairly generic. With regards to Lawmaster only other game I could mention here is any from the GTA series. (I haven't tried the latest!) and with regards to the Lawgiver. They almost had that down pat in the game they made.

The only other thing I would ask for is something like Voice Attack made to fit the game about Dredd.

Imagine being able to call for back up, a pick up or for your bound up Perps to be taken away in a wagon.

Gladwin

I do like the idea of voice commands in a dredd game. If you was going the GTA route it might be interesting to have two stories running through the game. One as dredd, and one as a perp. Getting hunted down by the judges would be sweet.

Beeks

I'm thinking more GTA Dredd...now that would be special...imagine the scope too...all the mega cities to judge...could do various radio stations like GTA too...jesus that would be top
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Gladwin

Rockstar did say they would do a sci fi game when they had something to say on the genre. Would love them to have a go at the licence like they did with the Warriors.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Gladwin on 28 October, 2014, 01:30:19 PM
Rockstar did say they would do a sci fi game when they had something to say on the genre. Would love them to have a go at the licence like they did with the Warriors.

Oh yeah, I remember that game and I loved every moment of it. Even though, I had to cheat to get through the level where Swan was being chased by the skin-head gang driving a hefty truck and I never managed to get through the bonus arcade version of the game you play on their in game arcade cabinent either. It seems that losing lives in the mini-game is quite unavoidable.

Bloody loved how close they followed the movie. Although, I think it covered events prior to exodus to the park so far away from their own territory.

A lot of clever stuff there.

BTW the actor who was the womanising  gang member of the Warriors who get's handcuffed to the park bench by the female undercover cop is the same gang member who was fighting block wall in original, but mostly reviled Judge Dredd.

You probably well aware of that, but I just thought I'd put that out there. 

Gladwin

Good bit of trivia there. Warriors is such a cool film (the original judge dredd not so much). Just need rebellion to do something game wise with the dredd licence (console and pc not mobile).

radiator

Yeah its James Remar. He's a classic 'that guy' actor - pops up in everything. Originally cast as Hicks in Aliens but clashed with James Cameron and got replaced during shooting by Michael Biehn..... who was in the running to play Dredd in the 2012 film. Everything's connected!

ThryllSeekyr

They should release Warriors game for pc on Steam. I would purchase it again.

ThryllSeekyr

Now imagine the same thing done with plastic milk bottles

I sing better than that and that's not saying much at all!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just bought Dredd v Death for 89p. Not played it in yeeeeears. I suspect it will be well dated but it cost less than a bar of chocolate.
Lock up your spoons!